Chapter 1: Identity Unfolded

"Oh shit, I'm gonna be late!" said Iris as she stumbled out of bed, almost tripping on the sheets as she made her way to the bathroom. She slammed open the bathroom door but to find her brother totally hogging up the mirror at the sink. "Good morning sleepyhead, had a good night?" asked her older brother, Liam, as he finished gelling his hair. "Why didn't you wake me up?!" exclaimed Iris as she quickly brushed her teeth and combed her hair. "Where's sis?" Iris asked before exiting the bathroom. "Down with breakfast." he replied as he continued admiring himself in the mirror. "Do me a favor and ask Joe to get the car ready, oh and tell sis all I need is an apple!" Iris shout as she ran across the hallway. "You owe me a designer jacket." he replied.

----------

Yep, this is the average morning of the Aprils. Iris has an older brother and sister, making her the youngest and third child. Their parents are usually overseas so her older sister was the one in charge. Here's the family list:

Youngest Daughter (16): Iris April -3rd child (Teen Idol)

Eldest Son (20): Liam April -2nd child (Male Model)

Eldest Daughter (25): Sophia April -1st child (Singer and Dancer)

Mother: Scarlet June (Fashion Designer)

Father: Richard April (Businessman)

John (Joe): Family's driver

Susan (Sue): Family's maid

Average morning, average day. But what about night? Iris April isn't that kind of stay-out-late-night-at-parties or a burning-the-midnight-oil-studying girl but a sneak-out-at-night-killer, aka an assassin. Putting her life on the line every night. She was trained from young and recruited at the age of 6, spending 10 years wandering the night, known as the Black Phantom. In fact, the entire family were assassins. It's a family secret that's lasted longer than forever. Her sister was the Masked Lady, known for elegance in eliminating. Her brother, Night Beast, scratches his enemies to bits.

Family Secret: Assassins

Even her parents were assassins. Their mother was Red Raven and their father, Silent Death. The current head of the assassin company was their third uncle, their mother's oldest brother of three. Their mother also has an older sister whom is younger than the three brothers, making Scarlet June, the youngest of 5 siblings. Her youngest older brother and sister also had families of their own. Which means after their third uncle retires, he'll be passing it on to someone of the three families.

----------

It was 7:20 am, school starts at 8 and it was a 25 minute drive. Iris was scurrying in the car with her make-up and wig. "Miss we will be there in 5 minutes." Joe told her, keeping his eyes on the road. By 'there' he meant at the park that was a 10 minute walk away from her school, Clarkson High. Joe usually drops Iris there as she wants to avoid attention as her cover is the school's shy and quiet girl. There would be quite a ruckus if everyone saw the shy girl coming to school in a limo. Today she had decided on a short strapless purple dress accompanied with a beige jacket, some grey tights, completed with an angled black belt at the waist and a pair of buckled leather heel boots. She quickly secured everything as the car came to a stop. "Miss we're here and I've parked a little closer today as you are short of time and most students would've already be in the building." Joe informed her. "Thanks Joe! Pick me up at 4." said Iris as she hurriedly closed the car door and waved goodbye before starting her run against the school clock.

"Made it!" exclaimed Iris as she stepped into the building as the 7:50 bell rang, that signals the closing of school doors. She quickly made her way towards her locker as students started emptying the halls. She found her two best friends leaning by her locker. "She's here!" gasped one of her best friends, Victoria whom Iris calls Tori. "See? I told you she'll make it." says her second best friend Emma whom Iris calls Em. "Hi guys, sorry I'm late. Liam forgot to wake me up...again." Iris greeted her friends as she quickly took her books out for first period. Unfortunately, not all their classes were together. "What's that on your cheek?" Emma asks, pointing to Iris' left cheek. "Huh?" Iris looks into the mirror on the door of her locker, right there was a small spot of red splatter. How did her brother not tell her this?! Oh wait, he's always looking at himself in the mirror. "Oh, ha..ha.. oops, guess I was rushing my breakfast, nothing like tomato sauce on your face first thing in the morning!" Iris nervously laughs and did a fist pump. She wipes it off with her finger and licks it.