Chapter 17 - A Completely Different World

"You won't be able to find a man for me? Why?" Brea asked.

The morning after the party I met up with her at a small bakery to have breakfast together and mainly because I needed to tell her about Olivia.
We've been sitting at a table beside a large window after ordering our food and then I took a deep breath "Brea, I need to tell you something."
That's how we got to this conversation.

"I won't find a man for you because there is no man who is supposed to be with you." I tried to explain.

"Are you trying to tell me I should get together with a woman?" she sat down her cup of tea and looked straight at me.

"Yes." I replied objective "I know her from work and she's really nice. You'd definitely get along with her really well."

"Well, I never really thought about getting together with a woman before but I guess if it's meant to be then it will also mean that I'll be happy with her, right?" she asked and I simply nodded my head as a reply. Then she continued "In this case I would like to meet her."

Brea got up from her seat and picked up her jacket which she hung over her chair earlier and afterwards she just waited.

"Oh, you mean now." I looked at her and got up after putting the money for our breakfast on the table.

Together we left the bakery and I pulled my phone out of my pocket to call Olivia. We talked a while until we agreed to meet up at a park.
After hanging up Brea and I went on our way. We chatted a little about our lives and I told her as much as possible about Olivia. A few minutes before we arrived I could see that Brea got more and more nervous with every step we took but I knew humans get nervous quite easy so I decided I wouldn't ask her about it and kept walking.

We arrived at the park and I stopped. I was aware that whatever is going to happen between them was in god's hands now - I wouldn't have a lot of influence on it. I put a hand on her shoulder and smiled assuring at her "Don't worry too much. You are meant to be so it will work out. I never messed up so far."

"Thank you." Brea smiled in reply and pressed a kiss on my cheek before walking off in the park.

I shook my head chuckling while she walked away and then I turned around to walk home.
After a few minutes I arrived and walked inside. I hung my coat on a clothes hook and walked in my kitchen. I was walking towards the fridge when I suddenly noticed something standing on the dining table - it was a bottle.

Picking up the bottle I looked at the tag saying "Wing Burner" and at the side of the bottle was hanging a small card. I opened it and read the text.

"Cupi!

I heard earth celebrates New Year soon so I wanted to send my favorite little brother something so he could have fun - much fun.

Love, Lucifer."

I shook my head and put the bottle in my cupboard. I wouldn't ever drink this again. I know how it ended last time. Even though he wanted to be nice, I wouldn't even take a sip of this brewage again.

I turned away from the cupboard after taking a glass and finally I took something to drink out of the fridge.
Afterwards I sat down at the dining table and poured myself some of the juice in the glass.

I took a sip and then I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. Looking at the display it showed that I got a new message from Brea.

"You were right, we really get along really good."

I smiled after a read the text and replied "Told you! I know you were meant to be."

I looked at my glass for a moment but then I already got another message "Yes, maybe we are. I never really considered myself as lesbian but with her it's different. I feel kind of connected to her. I guess you really have the magic touch for match-making."

"That's because I'm the angel of love! But now stop texting me and rather talk with her." I chuckled and put my phone on the table. Afterwards I drank my glass of juice and got up to walk outside and started my way to work.

I was working already when Aiden walked to my table "Is my sister here today?"

I looked confused at him. I wasn't aware of the fact that he had a sister, especially not about that she was working here. After a silent moment I asked him "Who's your sister?"

"Olivia - Olivia Leon."

"Olivia is your sister?" I asked in surprise and looked at him with wide eyes.

Aiden laughed and nodded "Yes. I talked with Paula after we got together and mentioned that my sister is looking for a job right now so she offered Liv to work here."

"What an amazing coincidence - she's actually out with a friend of mine right now." I smiled at him.

"Oh, that's nice. Tell her I was looking for her in case you see her." he smiled back at me and walked in Paula's office.

It was so odd to me that stuff like this happens. I set up Aiden and Paula and now, because of Aiden, I managed to set up another couple - Olivia and Brea.
I only met Brea because of Luce and she found me because I had deputize for a model and so she saw the picture of me, also I only met Olivia because of this.
Not to forget Ann - she was the first one I found a partner for online and that's why I became popular on the Internet. That's how Brea could even find my account.

If all this wouldn't have happened then I wouldn't be doing what I am doing right now. Shooting an arrow.