|three|

Wonwoo
Tuesday
22nd September 2015
11:28

Wonwoo turned over in his sleep, the sun blaring behind his eyelids. He knew that it was time to get up, but he couldn't bring himself to get out of the warm covers on his bed. He pulled the duvet up to his ear trying to keep the cold from entering in.

He stayed still in this position for around a minute before he knew it was inevitable that he was not going to get back to sleep. He slowly opened one eye, testing the brightness, closing it almost instantly when the sun met his gaze, blinding him.

"Ugh." Wonwoo lifted his hands from under the covers and stretched his bare arms above his head. He flinched from the cold, but grew used to it as he rubbed his sleepy eyes.

Wonwoo flipped the covers back, slipped his baggy white t-shirt over his head. The t-shirt reached his knees as he hobbled over to the mirror that hung on his wall. He looked at his reflection and flinched away. He had bags under his eyes and his hair was sticking up in random directions.

Wonwoo ran his hands through his hair, trying to fix it but failing miserably as it looked worse than it had when he'd started. Wonwoo groaned turning away from the mirror. He pulled his phone out seeing messages and missed calls from his mother, but one caught his eye from another number.

Call me

He ignored it locking his phone. Before he put it in his pocket he had a strange thought, what time is it?

He pressed the button on his phone and looked at the time. Wonwoo's mouth dropped open when he read 11:30, which meant he had to leave for work in an hour. That gave him little time do nothing like he usually did.

Wonwoo, now a little more awake, walked over to his door and opened it. He had to push a couple of times as the hinges were getting rusty. Light poured in as well as the cold air. He instinctively wrapped his arms around himself, walking out onto the roof.

The sun was bright on the floor of the roof, making Wonwoo squint as he walked out into the sun. He yawned and stretched his arms. He leaned against the railing when he heard tinkering noises.

He searched for where it was coming from and found himself glancing over the railing, down at the road below. The road is normally quite as it's a side street from the main road, but today there was a lot of clanking noises.

On the side of the road was a red rusty old looking car. The paint job was scratched and the wing mirror was hanging on by a piece of tape. The more Wonwoo stared at it the more battered it got. The bonnet was open and someone was leaning over it, but Wonwoo couldn't see who it was due to them being covered.

The person was obviously male. He wore a white tank top, exposing his arms, with dark black smudges of grease over the front of it. It looked like he'd been working hard on whatever he'd been doing.

The guy pulled back and Wonwoo was surprised to see his neighbour, Mingyu. His hair wasn't styled and it hung in front of his eyes. He kept running his hands through it, which were dirty, making his hair an odd shade.

Wonwoo pushed off the railing, making his way over to the stairs leading down to the side road. He took each step preciously as they still looked rusty and easy to break.

He made it to the bottom alive and he peeked his head around the corner. It was definitely Mingyu. Wonwoo watched for a second to see Mingyu holding a spanner and cursing every time he pulled away from the bonnet.