Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Author's Note: Hiiii my lovely readers<3 Sorry for the late update, but its here now!

Enjoyyyy.

Crystal's POV:

I hummed as I grabbed the trash. I opened the kitchen door with one hand and walked outside. I walked  to the side of the road and threw our trash away in our big, green trash can. I was turning around to walk back into the house when I heard somebody call my name. I turned around to see Matty jogging towards me with his brunette hair flying with the wind. It was a pretty windy day today.

"What do you want?" I mumbled and started walking back to the house. I was mad at him, because it had been a whole week and he hadn't sat beside me at lunch because he was too busy with Miranda all the time. I mostly avoided him in class, because I was trying to learn. I wanted to get into one of the best colleges around here. I had two more years and no more high school. Hallelujah.

"I'm sorry" He said.

"Humph" I said and crossed my arms against my chest stubbornly.

"C'mon Cris" he said touching my arm gently. I shrugged his hand away.

"Remember what we promised each other when we were little?" I asked him knowing almost for sure that he would say no.

To my surprise he nodded his head and said, "Yes. We promised we would still be best friends even if we were in a relationship"

"Yeah and it looks like the promise is breaking" I said looking at the ground.

"Hey you're my best friend Cris. Best friend. I won't let a stupid relationship ruin that. We've been friends for so long. You're practically like my sister, my family and family always sticks together." He said and I turned around with a big smile on my face. I gave him a quick hug and then we walked to my house just chatting with each other.

*******

"Honey dinner's ready" My mom called from downstairs.

"Okay" I shouted to her. Matty had just left 10 minutes ago. We had been playing video games. I'm not really a girly girl...

I scrambled off my bed and hopped down the stairs to the dining room. My step-father liked to have formal dinners so that's where we had dinner every night. I looked around to see that Liam had joined us tonight. Just great. Note my sarcasm. This was going to be a long night.

He shot me a glance and I ignored his burning gaze. He hadn't even talked to me after that amazing kiss we had shared. It was almost like it meant nothing to him. It meant so much to me. It was actually the first time I had kissed a boy... And the first time I'd gotten butterflies around somebody.

I took my seat at the table. My step-father said was about to say the Grace and we always held hands around the table. I was sitting at the end of the table with mom at my side. Step-father sat beside mom but at the head of the table. Leah sat on step-father's other side with Liam beside her. So that left Liam facing me and since we didn't have anybody beside each other, we had to hold each other's hands for the Grace.

I hesitated for a minute and then put my petite hand in his large, warm one. He gave my hand a light squeeze and I met his eyes for the first time in a few days. He smiled and his hazel eyes crinkled when he did. I shot him a glare and I could tell he was surprised.

When the Grace was over, I let go of his hand immediately. He looked at me like I was strange. Liam, I'm not one of those ordinary girls in our school that die to even talk to you, I thought to myself.