The Pop.

When I was in school I had this awful teacher, he would constantly yell and tell me to respect him more then I did. I could never figure out how to respect someone who had a lack of respect for anything and everyone. But its his words that bring me where I am today, his words that inspire me even now. He looked at me with his cold eyes and said one phrase, and who knew it would be the last phrase I heard him say.

"One day, one day you will hear a loud pop, and that's when you've finally pulled your head out of your ass"

It was a week later that I moved to a new place. I hated that man, and I thought I would until the day I went to my own shallow grave, but some things change over time. Right?

Now im not here to tell you a great story of adventure, but im here to tell you about the moment in my life that everything flipped a one-eighty right in front of my face. And it truly was a face that changed my life, a face of true beauty and glowing green eyes, and a smile that must have been haven blessed.

I hate mondays, always have always would. I hated the early morning, the goodbye to a day of freedom and I hated how happy people seemed to be when I couldn't phantom happiness. God who even knew what happiness was anyway. I hated this place, this heat, this existence. Nothing would change that.

I walked out of my house twords the awful school that I was shipped off to. Thanks again mom. And every time my foot hit pavement I felt a sharp pain go straight through my spine. I always had that pain on this walk. The pain of "no not again". Seems even my body rebelled against school.

The strange kid that always walked with me came around the corner with a would you believe it smile that I greeted with a roll of my eyes. He thinks we're friends I assume, but I don't need or want friends. I want left alone, unbothered, and freedom.

"We have new classes, aren't you excited Sven?" He asked with such excitement I thought he would explode.

"No Alex I really don't find it at all exciting." I snapped at him. He never seemed to notice when I was snapping, or when I just wanted to be alone. In all honesty I felt kind of bad for the way I treated him. I should....WHAT IS HE DOING.

"I'm glad we became friends." He said with his arms wrapped around me. "My mother thinks your a good influence on me. Says I stick up for myself better against the other guys." He again had that smile that I was oh maybe ten seconds away from slapping of his face.

"Alex what did I say about this hugging thing?" I asked trying to sound patient.

Alex looked up at me with such confusion and said "You say lots of things about hugging Sven. Oh yeah. Mdont do it' is that the one you mean?" And as I nodded at him he released his grip on me and again we began walking.

People teased him, and always shoved him around, which I couldn't understand. But I guess he is odd so maybe I did understand after all. He had black hair, strange blue eyes, and an alright face. I guess he was average. Maybe it was the fact that he wore shirts that had video game reference on them. But most people did that. Its high school obviously.

Its probably the fact that he has a big heart that's right on his sleeve, and he's friends with mostly girls which leads to jealous boyfriends, yes that must be it. Jealousy. Such a useless emotion, I don't waste time on useless things.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked snapping me from my thoughts.

"Cats" I said the word dripping with sarcasm. Yet he smiled and beagn telling me about his fat orange cat with a floppy ear. Sometimes he could make me smile, like right now. But as I said. Sometimes.

"Why is it even important. Its not like im going to be president mom" I heard a voise state. As we went around the last corner I saw the one thing that always made my heart skip. Anika. Today she wore her classic ripped jeans and a sea foam green top that brought out the depths in her eyes, even made those yellow flakes stand out. She had that adorable half pout half smile on her face. Today I would tell her how I felt. Her eyes locked with mine. Tomorrow, tomorrow ill tell her everything.

"Even, Alex! Hey" she ran close and Alex was pulled off by his many female friends leaving her and I to talk alone. I hated these moments. Intelligence was my strong suit, but around her I turned into a raging idiot.

"Hello Anika" I smiled and she hugged me, as of course I hugged her back. We started up the steps and I tried everything I could to stop the word vomit, but much like regulat vomit, that would never happen. "I heard that elephants carry their children for 22 months" oh yes, I just did it, gave an intelligent yet idiotic fact.

"Well, that's um nice. Ill see you later Sven" and with that she was gone. With that I embarrassed myself for the fourteenth time. God smite me where i stand please.

"You should tell her today Sven. Either that or you'll run out of animal mating facts and start telling her embarrassing things about yourself." And with that I knew for once Alex was right.

Bell after bell, teacher after teacher, annoying chatter and lockers slamming got me to the last class of the day. The class I enjoyed the most. 'College AP English" where only intellectual conversation flew. Wise words, logic, and happiness. My happy place as you could call it, at this horrid school.

I spent the whole time thinking about what I would say, but it was futile, I knew I would just say something and I would hope it came out as graceful as I planned. Then it happened. The bell rang and my heart raced, my mouth went dry, and Alex was by my side.

I saw her as soon as I walked outside. She waited everyday for Alex and I to walk with. She had debate meetings in the morning so got driven. She hugged us both and we started our walk. Alex hugged her at the edge of his law and of course made sure I would do my whole" tomorrow" act with his big mouth.

"Good luck Sven! And Anika make sure he tells you" Idiot, a very dead idiot. I glared and he smiled and ran for it.

"Tell me what?" She asked.

"Umm. Males typically in nature such as birds are more beautiful and dance to attract a mate." Oh god.

"I doubt that's what he was talking about but alright." She looked away and stayed that way. And well here it was. Make it or break it.

"I love you Annika" OH MY BLOODY HELL! Did I just scream in her face?

"What?" She asked. She looked absolutely terrified and to be honest I would committ myself to an asylum if I would right now. But I did what I needed to do.

I took her hand in mine and placed it upon my heart "I love you Anika. I love the smell of cherry blossoms in your hair, the smell of you strawberry lips gloss, I love the way you blink those beautiful eyelashes. I love how soft your skin is, I love how my heart races just thinking about you. And I love this beautiful smile that's accompanied by the most amazing green eyes. Those eyes which the forest is jealous of, and those eyes in which the sun has kissed. I love you Anika, and I know I always will."

She stared, and stared finally clearing her throat she said. "I love how nervous you get, and I love laughing at random animal mating facts, and I love how you screamed your love for me right in my face." She said and took a step closer to me.

She loved me back. Somewhere in the middle is where our lips met, and god was it better than I ever imagened. God she was amazing. I slowly wrapped my arms around her, and when she began to pull away I groaned with regret. She giggled at that and it was as if were sent from god.

"Aw im glad I got that on camera guys. Even the screaming part." Oh yes Alex is dead, oh so very dead, but for now, I was happy and with Anika and Alex we all started to laugh.

But when all laughing ended and Alex ran back home that's when I heard that sound. That loud pop I was told about, and as I leaned in to kiss those soft lips one more time, I thanked the man I thought I would always hate. I thanked whoever sent her to me, and most of all I thanked every god and goddess ever known that they didn't let my heart fly out of my chest.

That's my story of realization, my moment or trust, honesty, and friendship. Its true because even today Alex is my greatest friend. Anika and I are married, and expecting our first child. My lifes adventure will start with that first cry, and thankfully I have what I need and who I need. Because I still love those eyes, that smile and yes even the lip gloss.