Proposition

When I awoke, my mouth was dry and my head hurt. It took me a moment to remember where I was, and when the memory comes back to me, anger scorches my veins and taints my heart. Tears sting my eyes and spill over. Delaney set me up. This whole thing.

I curl up in a ball in the corner of the dungeon. The lights have faded, and this is worse than your average darkness. I'm scared, and all I want right now is to be back in the arms of my handsome servant. I cry for him, for us, for the vile that I put in his pants pocket. Delaney knows everything. She pulled our strings like a puppet master, and everything went just the way she wanted it to go.

I was given a lot of time to think here, and I hated the silence. I wrap my hands around the bars and scream for help. I scream until my throat hurts. I cry until I fall into a restless sleep.

I wonder how much time has passed. Does anyone but Xavier notice that I am gone? What about Persephone and Hades? Everything inside of me doesn't want them to die. I want them to live, and I wish I never got myself mixed up in all of this. This is all Delaney's fault, for wanting a better life, for loving an asshole. This was Xavier's fault. This is my fault.

My fault.

Jasmine has Oscar. Castiel is still secretly in love with Delaney. Ivana is a slut. Akari was chosen for the irony and the humor; she's the lesbian of the bunch. The odd ball out. Harley should have made it. She should have been Queen.

Harley.

Jasmine and Oscar said something about bringing Harley back. But now, I couldn't remember what it was. I hated myself for it, for getting her eliminated. She'll hate me, too. The list of enemies and regrets only grows larger and larger, and I realize that I should have taken Jasmine's side a long time ago. . .

But she needed someone to stick the blame on.

         It was at this moment when I realized how much I missed seeing the sun. Here I was, stick in this dark dungeon and all I wanted was to see the sun, again, feel it on my skin.

         And the rain.

          I missed the rain, pounding in endless sheets against all of London. I loved curling up with a good book and a cup of coffee, in an alcove in my bedroom and listening to the rain. I wanted to kiss Xavier in the rain. But now, that can never happen. Plan B won't ever happen.

         For the first real time since this competition began, I cried. I cried for what happened to Harley. I cried because I'm dead. I cried because I only wanted one thing, one person, and they could not yet be mine. They would be taken from me, to the fields of punishment or worse — Tartarus. I cried for Xavier most of all. I screamed at the top of my lungs for him, but there was no way he could hear me from a dungeon cell.

          I don't know how long I've been down here, but after awhile, the guards brought me a tray of food. They were ashen faced and pale and they looked irritated. They left soundlessly even though I begged them to let me out. I screamed that I wasn't Delaney, but they didn't listen.

        "Help me!"

          There was a big loaf of bread and water on the plate. I drank the water too quickly, all at once, greedy. I ate the bread in one bite, and was still hungry for more. It must have happened already.

         I heard a struggle on the stairs, and I stood up.

         Xavier's voice.

         By the sounds of it, he was shouting. "Xavier!" I shouted, and then again: "Xavier!" My voice was hoarse from screaming so loudly. The person I want most is here in this dungeon with me. His screaming fell silent, and he shouts my name, instead.