Chapter 7: Will And Testicles

Last year, Rose wrote an article about addiction for an international magazine. Studies showed that many addictions start with the simplest curiosity. A sip here, a puff there, and somewhere in the middle of curiosity, familiarity, and need, addiction forms.

They also say that addictions can be a lot of things. Apparently, stalking is a form of addiction. And we all do it, even men.

[will_n_testicles]: Hey, Mean Girl! So are you done reading your very expensive Archie comic book?

I quickly cover my computer screen but the messages keep popping up.

[will_n_testicles]: This is Will, the 'Comic Stealer.'

[kitkat11]: How the fuck did you get my Yahoo!?

[will_n_testicles]: Google. You have a very nice online portfolio, by the way.

Déjà vu. Just a few years ago, I was the one doing the stalking. When did the tables turn? I ignore his chat messages but he wouldn't stop. I want to block him and end my annoyance but there is something about this guy, something I couldn't place. And because I am online and he is there with an 'available' green dot and my work can get super boring at times, I reply.

We start talking about Archie Comics—the one he stole and the one he bought for me. He starts to ask me about my anger management issues and the heated conversation turns into a light one about basketball and the other sport we both practice, kickboxing.

As the days pass, we quickly settle into a pattern. Will would send me a chat message in the morning and we would comfortably lose ourselves in conversation. I have to admit, though. Sometimes, I look forward to our mini talks.

Isn't it always exciting at first? Of course, it is. Because in the beginning, you don't run out of things to talk about. Every single detail about the person is new to you.

But there is something about our exchanges that feel so familiar. It reminds me of all those years ago when I was still single. It reminds me of the time when every conversation would elicit something exciting—a potential relationship or a heated argument that usually brings the wild card that could make or break your day.

And since he doesn't ask if I am single, I don't ask about his relationship status either. I rationalize that this must be safe ground.

To be continued...

---

Love this story? It's also available on Radish Fiction!

"Before I Do" is an ongoing romance series on Radish!

Read What Am I To You, the prequel to Before I Do at http://bookbed.org/tag/waityxbookbed/

Follow the author online!

Facebook.com/authorkathceustaquioderla

Twitter.com/kceustaquio

Instagram.com/kceustaquio11

Wattpad.com/user/kceustaquio

Blog: designsbykce.blogspot.my/p/short-stories.html