Chapter Seven

I threw my bag down onto the floor as i ran over to the scene ahead of me. Two guys pushed Wesley into the lockers with a loud thump as he fell to the ground holding his stomach. Running between one of the guys i pushed the other away as he swung his fist towards Wes. 

Students gathered around in shock as they watched the two guys push me against the locker as well, one kicked Wes in the side while the other hit me in the mouth, causing me to fall back and hit my head against the locker.

"What's going on here?" Shouted a teacher I've never seen in my life as he ran over to the circle of teenagers and pushed through them. I grabbed my jaw as i saw blood trickling down my chin. Ugh, i was getting tired of Wesley's crap. 

The two boys noticed the teacher and gave Wes one more push before they grabbed their bags and ran off towards the exit, laughing to themselves. Most likely some guys from a different college. I sighed as i walked over to my bag and placed it over my shoulder, feeling the pain in my jaw as i ran my fingers through my hair in frustration.

"Hey are you ok?" A random girl asked as i watched the teacher trying to help Wes up from the ground. Wes gave me a look before he limped towards the nurses office with the guy.

"I'm fine!" I mumbled, trying not to bust my lip anymore than it already was.

The girl was shocked at my sudden outburst and decided to walk away. 

"What was that all about?" Emily came from the crowd and frowned noticing my lip. 

"I'm fine before you ask!" I said annoyed. I wasn't in the mood for fights today, not since i had spent most of the night debating whether or not i should admit these strange, but wonderful feelings to Evelyn. 

After the party at my cousins, she and her mother had dropped off my dad and i considering she took her car and my father was a little too drunk to drive. The ride back was silent, everyone seemed content with the whole afternoon, but something still seemed a little off. 

It had been a few days since then and Evelyn had been ignoring my messages. 

Ever since we shared a moment on stage when we were singing and a moment on the door step of my Aunt's house, she wouldn't speak to me. Especially since she admitted she was gay. Well, 'thinks'.

I remembered swapping numbers with her, as we hadn't done that yet, just so we could talk about it further. However, it seemed like i was the only one making effort.

Whatever, i'm sure she was just busy? 

"You should see a nurse" Emily advised as she lent forward, trying to touch the blood on my lip. I felt dizzy for a second until i shook it away and placed my coursework into the locker behind me. That dumb-ass has me fighting for him now.

"I said i'm fine!" I snapped. Emily stood back, fear evident in her eyes.

I walked away quickly, feeling angry all of a sudden. I didn't mean to take it out on innocent people, but i sure as hell was moody today. 

After a couple of classes, trying to focus on my work, i entered the hall to grab lunch and looked around the room. Every student was gossiping as usual, probably wondering why two guys had beat up on Wes and I this morning. 

Speaking of Wes.

"I'm sorry about earlier?" He said more as a question than an apology. I frowned and ignored him as i carried on down the line. He limped behind me, a small cut displaying on his nose and forehead as he watched me.

"Please don't ignore me" He urged.

"Look Wes, whatever crap you have going on outside of our friendship or even in general, i do not want any part of it anymore ok?" He raised his eyebrows in shock as i grabbed the food and placed some on my tray before walking over to an empty table in the middle of the room.