▲ Chapter One

Chapter 1 – When it all began

"You are suffering from a very critical disease, Ms. Harries. I'm so sorry," the doctor told me with a sad smile. I was confused. What does she mean? I am perfectly fine. I just fainted. It is not like my brain is bleeding.

 "Baby, I-I am so sorry. Y-You'll get b-better," my mother cried and gave me a bone-crushing hug.

 My head started hurting. I started breathing heavily; it was getting harder to breathe. I screamed in pain and the last thing I saw were three blurry figures trying to calm me down.

❤❤ ❤   

It had been one of the normal days. I had woken up by the birds chirping and the sunlight pouring in my room from the window. Though I knew I was getting late, I had been lazily lying on bed. Why is my bed so comfortable in the morning and like a stone in the night? Well, God only knows the answer or the mattress maker. I heard a knock on my door and my mother's head popped magically. Well, not magically.

"Leighton, wake up. You'll be late for school, honey. Stop being lazy," my mother ordered.

I grunted and rushed to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, and took my clothes. I showered and did a little bathroom singing. I am not good at singing but I still like breaking mirriors with my singing skills. Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. Excuse me for my bad manners, y'all. I am Leighton Harries, daughter of Scott and Angelica Harries. I am a single child and I am glad, as I do not want a bossy older sibling or a whiny younger sibling. I am pretty intelligent but I am not a topper.

"Leighton, get out of the bathroom. You have been inside for more than fifteen minutes," my mother shouted and banged the door.

"Jeez, calm down mother," I muttered.

Time to wear some clothes. Woohoo...not. I prefer to be naked. It takes me a lifetime to get changed. Lazy peoples problem. I wrapped a towel around my body securely and plugged my blow drier to the plug. I wore the clothes I chose hurriedly and started drying my hair. After drying them, I took a rubber band for my hair and neatly pulled my blonde hair in a high ponytail. I am Blonde like Regina Gorge though I ain't a mean girl, nigga.

After getting dressed, I rushed to my room and wore my sneakers hurriedly. I ran downstairs and ran towards the kitchen. I took an apple and pecked my mother on the cheek as I farewell sign. I took my bag from the kitchen table and hurriedly went outside the house. I started walking towards the school. Exercise is necessary for a hippo like me. You should also try. No offence, people.

My head suddenly started to hurt; nausea crept over my whole body. My head started to spin. I tried to hold still but failed and everything went black.

❤❤❤  

A beeping noise woke me up. It must be my alarm. I tried to move my hand to switch it off but something I was coming in the way. I tried to open my eyes. I groaned as my head was throbbing and my whole body was sour. I opened my eyes slowly and realized that I was not in my bedroom. Am I kidnapped or what?

I tried getting up but was not able to move. My throat is so dry. My throat is drier than Sahara desert right now. I sat on the bed slowly to get some water. I looked around the whole room and found weird things. There were two chairs, a monitor who was making 'beep beep' sounds, a table, which had many medicines and injections lying on it and a television. Why would I kidnapper provide a telly, medicines, a monitor that beeps and a couple of chairs? I raised my hand and saw tubes attached to it. Then it dawned over me. I was in a hospital. But, why?

All the things that happened today started registering in my brain. I had fainted on the road. Oh, so that is the reason why I am here. I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. Something was telling me that a bad thing is going to happen soon.

The door on the left hand corner of the room opened slightly and a petite woman came inside. She was wearing a peach dress and had a clipboard in her hand. She smile at me and came near me. She started writing something on the clipboard and occasionally glanced at me. She went towards the table and brought me a glass of water. I happily took it and gulped it all.

"How are you feeling, darling?" she asked.

"Dizzy and my head kinda hurts," I murmured.

"It will get better. I will go and call the doctor. You take some rest, ok?" she notified. I nodded my head and lay down on the bed.

I am bored. I feel like jelly. I'm glad that I am in the hospital as I got a leave from school. I had not even done my homework, I am lucky. I wish my friends were here.

The doctor came inside the room looking worried and my parents were following him. My mother's eyes were puffy and red and so were my father's. Had they been crying? No shit, Sherlock. Can you shut up Mr. Brain?

Both my parents sat on the chairs and the doctor came and sat on the bed's corner. The doctor smiled weakly and introduced herself, "Hello, sweetie. I am doctor Malik and I will be your doctor for the next one or more years." I nodded my head.

For the next one or more years? What does she mean? Am I suffering from a disease or what? All kinds of questions were swirling in my mind. My mother came near me and gave me a tight hug. She silently started crying. I rubbed her shoulder comfortingly.

Doctor Malik looked at my father for...permission? He nodded his head and looked at me with sorrowful eyes. The doctor signaled my father to sit back on the chair.

"You are suffering from a very critical disease, Ms. Harries. I'm so sorry," the doctor told me with a sad smile. I was confused. What does he mean? I am perfectly fine. I just fainted. It is not like my brain is bleeding.

"Baby, I-I am so sorry. Y-You'll get b-better," my mother cried and gave me a bone-crushing hug.

I gave them a questioning look. The doctor came towards me and whispered in my ear. NO! This cannot be happening. I cannot have B-Br...H-Head...TUMOR.

My head suddenly started to hurt; nausea crept over my whole body. My head started to spin. I tried to hold still but failed and everything went black. 

* * * *

Hello, there. This is my third book and um...I don't know what she is to me's first. I hope you all will like this book. 

Don't forget to VOMMENT. ;) 

-the girl who loathes butterflies.