✶Stargazing✶

Shaking his hand, I couldn't help but smile. "You know, normally I would think that a person was crazy if they told me that they were Peter Pan, but for some reason I think you've already proved yourself."

He chuckled, "Thank you for being so understanding. A lot of people usually aren't this understanding."

"Of course! But why are you here of all places Mista Pan?" I asked, saying his name in an accent.

"I was sent down here," he said as he glared up at the stars. Pulling my knees up to my chest, I stared out at the great sky.

"By who?" I asked.

His head turned to face me, and finally he began to spill the beans. "Well as cliché as it is, I am from Neverland."

Chuckling, I shook my head back and forth. "Of course. Where exactly is that located?"

Averting his attention to the sky again, he pointed upward. "Lightyears and lightyears away. It's one of the smaller stars and sometimes it could be looked over, but it definitely shines the brightest," he said looking over toward me. As I locked eyes with him, a certain softness was held within his that made my heart begin to melt and made butterflies wildly flutter within my stomach.

Noticing that we were holding the gaze for too long, he averted his attention back toward the stars. However, I did manage to catch a glimpse of the blush that took over his face before he moved.

"Do you see it?"

"That one right there? The one that looks reddish?"

He shook his head, "No no no no, this one." Grabbing my wrist, he moved my hand toward the correct star and I saw that he was right. It definitely was the star that shined the brightest in the night sky and it was absolutely breathtaking.

"So why did you come all the way from there to here?" I curiously asked.

"Well, I was assigned a job up in Neverland. I was to help the ones on Earth who needed guidance or felt unloved."

"And you're here now for?"

He sat up and locked gaze with me. Nervously scratching his head, he said, "For you actually. I'm here for you."

"Me?" I asked, my thumb pointing to myself.

Nodding, his lips pursed in a slightly sad manner. "Yeah."

"But why?"

He clasped his hands together on his lap. "Because The Council told me that there was a girl down here who felt that she was invisible. There was a girl down here who felt unloved, unappreciated, and in result didn't feel she was worth anything. And they told me that her name was Laney Riverdale."

As much as I tried to keep up a strong front, my facade quickly faded. As he spoke, every individual word pulled at my heartstrings and pricked a needle through it. They were killing me, hitting me where it hurt the most and as a lump grew in my throat, my lip began to quiver. As my eyes watered, so did his.

"Laney, why do you feel this way?" He asked.

"It's just....sometimes I feel invisible, like no one can see me ya know?" I sniffled and wiped a tear away. "At school, I'm known as Loser Laney and everyone just walks by me like I blend into the wall. No one even acknowledges my existence unless they need help with a science project or want me to do their homework. Then I come home to an empty house. I have no siblings and mom and dad are always working. It's not that I blame them or anything it's just....it's just tiring, you know?"

Wiping tears away, Peter stared at me intently. Placing a comforting hand on my shoulder, his tear filled eyes glistened in the moonlight. "Listen, I know. I know what you're going through. I know what it's like to have no one to talk to, to fall asleep in the dark silence of the atmosphere. I know what it's like to feel invisible because I'm not even allowed to be who I am. I have to pretend I'm Peter Finnegan or Peter Wylde."

"Even Peter Parker?" I asked while sleepily rubbing my eyes.

"Even Peter Parker," he cooed. "And the worst part is that nobody caught on to the name."

As I laid on the barren ground I smiled. "Thank you Peter."

And all I remember is my hair being gently pushed out of my face and the covers being pulled back over me. That was the most peaceful sleep I had in a very long time.

© Lightning_Stryker 2016

Peter ✶ [Lost Boy Series #1]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara