Chapter Eleven {edited}

Chapter Eleven

Ellie 

        I didn't know what I was doing. I honestly didn't. When I had spoken those words of rejection to my mate, I thought he would appreciate it. I tainted my own soul with the sin so he didn't have to. But now? His actions are confusing me. I wasn't sure whether I'd done the right thing anymore. He acted like he genuinely wanted me? I know that I wanted him, more than ever. I always dreamt of a mate, more so dreamt of being loved. 

One thing I was sure about and adamant on was that I wasn't going to let him off easy, no matter how much I wanted him. We shared an unfortunate past, and he's made too many mistakes to be let off easy. Those mistakes, those actions they ruined me for the longest time. I wasn't the confident she wolf anymore, no I was an insecure and weak one. I still needed time to heal. 

        But as much as I tried to distant myself, I couldn't help it, the mate bond was getting stronger as the hours pass, and the feeling of love and adoration that I get, it just feels right. It's been a while since I had that.  

        I needed something to distract myself with right now. It was too much. All this thinking was giving me a headache. I made my way up the stairs as I head towards Aiden and my room. I had official moved in and it was yet another one of those things that I was beginning to overthink. 

        Yesterday, Aiden had taken me shopping for clothes. It was a weird experience. In the beginning, I was hesitant about everything, and I made sure to keep my distance from him. The other day in the kitchen when I was practically melting in his arms was very overwhelming. I made sure that we had limited contact, however I wasn't sure if that affected him. He was smiling throughout our entire conversations, we talked a lot. Nearly about nothing and everything, it was as if we never ran out of topics to talk about. It was comfortable and it felt nice.   

If only he didn't spend all those years ignoring me and mistreating me. 

        This was too exhausting, I really needed to clear my head. As I walked into the vast green woods that surrounded the house. Taking off on a mild jog, I put all my attention on the feeling of the ground under my feet. 

        Nearly twenty minutes later of just jogging in my human form I leaped and shifted midair. Landing swiftly on my paws, I took off in a fast run. 

        Sighing contently I let my wolf take over, it was her turn to relax. Frequent runs were now a habit of ours ever since we were granted the freedom. And we couldn't be more happy. 

        An hour of running later, my wolf suddenly turned directions towards the southern border. 

        What are you doing? I asked frantically. If we passed the border or were even close by we would get in trouble. Sure, Aiden was softening up to us but I was still Omega. I needed to stay in my limits. 

        Never getting an answer, I decided to trust my wolf hoping she knew what she was doing. 

        Stopping near the edge of the border, my wolf began pacing back and forth growling at woods that pass our border. She wouldn't pass it, but acted as if she needed to and wanted to so badly. 

        Aiden! Please come quick! I'm at the South East border and my wolf feels as if something is wrong on the other side. Please! Bring warriors too. I have a bad feeling. Please Alpha! 

        I sent out a plead to Aiden, I didn't know what but I was beginning to feel that same dread and terror that my wolf was feeling. Something wasn't right and it was happening on the other side. We weren't permitted to leave, Fates! Why am I an omega? I need to get to the other side.