27

27:

It was late— "It was really late..." My eyes close as I recall the events from that awful night. "I didn't know he followed us."

"Who is he?"

I frown, choosing to ignore Jared's question. All I asked was for him to listen without any interruptions.

"I'm sorry Ava..." he gives a sincere smile. "Please continue."

I nod, offering a small smile before fulfilling his request "As soon as I realized we were being followed, I tried to dodge him. He was the one who fucked up my life. He was responsible for all the bad things that have happened to me. I can't let it go. I can't forget what he's done to me; to Danny." And I refuse to speak his name.

My hands remain steady as I calm myself. It's been a year and I'm finally getting my memory back. I'm finally healing.

"I..." My doubts stop me from continuing. Jared gives me a reassuring nod, urging me to continue. "I remember the night I drove Danny to the hospital. That was the night we almost lost our lives."

"There was a car behind us. I felt in my gut that something wasn't right so I tried to dodge them." Well, they kept following me. I remember this sharp curve and then losing control of my car.

"I should have slowed down." I repeat more so to myself. "I should have been more careful."

Jared's lips are hushed. His eyes are speaking, though. They break apart my soul, awakening peace inside of me. His hands collapse atop mines as he says,

"You're alive now and so is Danny."

I knew from that moment in the kitchen that Jared was and will always be the man for me. He's been more supportive, loving, and so kind to me. Even during the times when I didn't deserve any kindness. I was angry, bitter, stubborn. I was hurting. He knew and he still stayed with me and Danny. And because of that, I am eternally grateful for him.

"Now let's go get him from your parents," he finishes. 

If you guys have questions please don't hesitate to ask. Also, thank you all for your patience. ♥

-xoxo N.K