chapter two

"Stop drinking already," he told her, only making her feel irritated.

She slammed her glass shot on the table and glared at him with her half-opened eyes.

"Hajoon... Why must you do this to me? Why, why, why?!" Eunhee was totally drunk, she was now gripping the bottle of soju in her hand and gulping the contents down to the very last sip.

The confused man could only stare at her blankly. Who's Hajoon? Why is she drinking alone? His mind was filled with wonders, but he chose not to interfere the issues of someone whom he wasn't even familiar with, but he recognised her. She was that petty lady whom he unintentionally spilled coffee on. The lady who insisted him to pay for her ruined blouse (which he was stubborn enough to not agree to it), resultantly causing him to receive an unexpected blow with her fist, and he was left with an evident bruise on the face.

Fate brought them together to meet again.

And there he was, staring at the lady who was extremely intoxicated with alcohol, her lids sagging, her eyes turning pink and so were her cheeks.

"I really... love you," She said, before her eyes swivelled to the back of her head and closed shut as she passed out, her head thrown onto the table.

He flinched in shock when her head hit the table with a loud thud. "Shit," he muttered under his breath. Almost instantly, he turned away, scurrying off and pretending like he didn't see her. He didn't want to be responsible for her well-being, he didn't have to care. Besides, he thought she deserved to be left alone in that state for what she had done to him that morning.

But although he tried to ignore the uneasiness he was feeling, he couldn't help but feel a slight worry for her. Conflicted, he returned to her, gently pulling her up by her arms then held her by the waist, before dragging her out of the bar.

***

{eunhee}

I opened my eyes to the dimly lit room and shut them back close instantly, hissing when I felt the aching in my head. The harsh scent of drink can be smelt of my person and my throat was sore from all the alcohol I poured down my throat last night. I didn't even think of getting up from bed, so I pulled the covers over before returning to sleep.

Wait, where am I?

In one click, my eyes flung open, and although it felt like there were tons of bricks sitting on top of me, I managed to sit up and scan my eyes across the room I was in. Not a corner of it was familiar, the bed I was lying on was rigid and wasn't as comfy as usual.

"Gosh you're finally awake, I've been waiting forever," a voice said and I turned to look at him.

My vision was a blur for a moment, until my eyes finally got to focus and when I recognised who he was, I could only stare at him open mouthed. That ill-mannered bastard.

"You! What the hell are you doing here?!" Bad question, but it left my lips before I could even think through my messed up mind.

"Good morning dipsomaniac," he greeted me as he leaned against the door frame whilst swirling the whiskey in a glass he was holding.

"Says the one who has whiskey for breakfast," I hissed before swinging my legs over the edge of the bed and combed my hair back to look less messy than I already was.

"How about you thank me before leaving my apartment, that'll make you appear less of a bitch," He said, raising the glass of whiskey to his lips before taking a sip.

Annoyed by his presence, I just wanted to leave quickly and be in the comforts of my own bed. I got up on my two feet and squeezed my way out of the room despite him standing in my way, but a thought stopped me in my tracks. I turned, looking at him.