Chapter 13

If I have to eat one thing for the rest of my life, it would probably be truffle butter. 71 Gramercy's warm brioche slices with truffle butter are to die for. I gladly eat the entire platter Matt offers me when we reach his condo in Parañaque. Despite the catfight, the magazine launch was a huge success but given how it looked, I don't know if I can say the same for its survival in an already saturated market.

But I don't have the heart to tell these to Matthew, who spent the entire car ride regaling me about the preparations, the event, and the crowd's reception. He clearly looks like he is finally on cloud nine after weeks in hell. He looks like he can finally relax now that the launch is over. He is starting to look like his old self again.

He opens a bottle of red wine to go with the takeout food from the restaurant. I would have preferred white wine to go with the truffle butter but I don't want to be a party pooper on what is clearly one of Matthew's best nights to date. So I finish the truffle and the wine and soon, Matthew's groping follows.

We make it to the bedroom, leaving a small trail of his clothes on the floor. He takes me to bed with my little black dress still on and takes his time slipping off the very thin straps off my shoulders, kissing my collarbones along the way. After the dress comes off, he turns his attention to the stick-on bra and takes if off with a slight pull of his mouth. I can feel the whiskey shots and glasses of red bubbling inside me and I return the kisses he had been showering me since the late dinner.

As if on cue, I can feel the hair on my back rise to his every touch on my skin. The lace panties feel wet now, tingling with delicious anticipation of what's to come. Thing is, I always know what's coming whenever I'm with Matthew. I am very well aware of the routine, but the attraction I feel leaves me wanting more of what I already know.

 I am very well aware of the routine, but the attraction I feel leaves me wanting more of what I already know

Image from Brandi Redd 

 As the kisses deepen, his grip feels tighter on my thigh. I try to be coy and extend the moment for a while but this only makes him come at me with much more force than what he had previously shown. The lace panties come off and for a few seconds, only one of his hands explored the wet opening between my thighs, pushing one finger inside and then two and then three. The other hand is on my back now. He parts my legs and replaces his fingers with his tongue, tasting me and sending shivers down my spine. I grab his sheets and try not to move too much, terrified to break the spell he's casting all over me.