Chapter 18

Alyssa's POV

After a very long time in my life, waking up in the morning had finally felt like the best thing that could ever happen to me. My mind was fresh, my wolf was happy and I felt absolutely and utterly content with my life. It wasn't because I had finally gotten together with Chace, but because everything else was also starting to fall back into place. My parents had left town to celebrate their 25th anniversary, my best friend was back from her honeymoon, looking gleeful than ever, and I finally felt like I didn't had a mate bond to fight every day.

I jumped down the stairs to my kitchen, dressed and showered, ready to go to the pack house. It was a tradition of the pack to have a bonfire night every three months and today just happened to be  three months after the last one.

After eating a quick breakfast in my empty kitchen, I made my way towards the pack house, finding it more silent than ever. Curiosity got the better of me and I went about the mansion, exploring every corner to find someone around.

"Hello?" No answer. "Hello?" I questioned a little louder, feeling my heart speed up at the sight of a sleepy Diana walk out of her room. Her sudden appearance startled, making me jump back in surprise. "For Christ sake Diana, you scared me!" She rubbed her eyes lazily, sending a short wave my way. I chuckled, noting the sleep pooled in her eyes. "Where is everyone?" I asked just as she let out another yawn and took a seat and the kitchen counter.

"Everyone has gone hunting or helping out by the beach area for the bonfire, as for lover boy, he's still sleeping upstairs, he was working late last night." She commented, grabbing some cereal and dropping it into a bowl along with the milk.

I nodded at her statement, making my way slowly out of the kitchen. "I'll be right back" I commented, slowly climbing the stairs to my mate's room.

As I approached the door, I hesitantly grasped the doorknob, turning it and pushing the door slightly open. Inside, I could see Chace's naked figure resting comfortably on his bed on his stomach, showing off his ripped back, his soft snores radiating through the room. I stifled a chuckle as I made my way inside, shutting the door behind me. Seating myself gently on the bed next to him, I carefully maneuvered my hands and laced my fingers through his messy hair.

His snoring had stopped immediately and his eyes had peeked open to get me in view. A smile appeared on his face when he saw me, his lands reaching over to mine, intertwining our fingers together.

"I could wake up to this everyday" he commented huskily. I chuckled, retracting my hand from his hair.

"I'm sure you could" I reassured. "Work late last night?" He nodded, the smile never leaving his face and his eyes never leaving mine.

"I did, however, spend more time thinking about you than working really" I released a hearty laugh, blushing slightly.

"Shouldn't get distracted that easily Alpha" I teased, sending a slight wink in his direction. He raised himself up into a seating position, his face coming closer to mine.

"Is that so?" he repeated as he came closer and closer each time. I nodded with a smirk, but just before he could capture his lips with mine, I placed a finger on his lips, putting a distance between us.

"Nu uh Alpha. Morning breath. Brush your teeth, take shower and come downstairs for breakfast, maybe then I'll let you kiss me" I replied and reluctantly shot up from his bed, making my way towards the door.

I heard him groan and get up from his bed and walk towards his bathroom saying

"What a tease"

*****

My eyes roamed around the bonfire once more, in search for my mate who seemed to have disappeared. Until I heard a voice behind me shake me from my thoughts.

"Looking for my brother are we?" I turned around to find Diana carrying two beer bottles behind me.

"Aren't you too young to drink?" I questioned, realising that she was only fifteen. She chuckled, taking a seat next to me.

"Nop. Werewolves don't get drunk that easily, so a few bottles of beer can't do me no harm." I nodded, agreeing with her statement. She handed me one of the bottles and cheersed with me before taking a sip out of it. "Do you ever wonder what the human world is like?" She suddenly aske out of the blue. I turned towards her shaking my head.

"No, I never had the need to since I'm a werewolf." I explain. Her eyes focus on the fire in front of us, a somewhat pained expression on her face. "Di are you okay?" I ask her to reassure myself. She doesn't answer for the first minute, making me even more nervous, but after a long sigh, she puts up a fake smile.

"I always loved everthing about the human world. Their strength and ability to handle pain when they get hurt, instead of healing. Their ability to love anybody until they find the one, and in the process get their hearts broken several times, unlike us, who get one mate and we are content with that. Their ability to live normal lives without advanced senses and still be so powerful. I love everything about them Al." She took a pause, her smile faultering before she faced me. "I want to move the mortal world." She said, taking me completely by surprise. Before I could even open my mouth to say anything, she cut me off "I know, it's completely demented, but I can't help it Al. I can't stay here, I want to leave. I want to explore the world and see what it has to offer me. I want to live like humans do, a simple life with less resources.I want to experience it all." A smile grew on her face at the mere thought of it, bringing a smile to my own face.

"What would you do in the mortal world though?" I asked her, pulling her out of her thoughts.

"I want to study cosmetology, and do something along the lines of makeup artistry. I know it sounds crazy and you're probably thinking something along the lines of 'this girl is nuts' but...-" I cut her off, disagreeing with her words.

"That's great Di. I don't think you're crazy Di, infact, if anything, I'm proud of you for wanting to do something for yourself that will make you happy, so whatever your decision is, I support you Diana." She looked at me with real happiness, and pulled me into a hug where she expressed her gratitude to me.

"Have you told your parents yet?" I asked her, and by the way her expression fell, the answer was clear.

"I told Chace a year ago, when the real need for me to leave had struck, and he had supported me and helped me by secretly paying for beauty lessons that I had taken once a week in a town nearby, with the humans. However I have yet to tell my parents." I smiled up at her, wanting to give her some hope and had held her hand for encouragement.

"You have us"

Soon after she had thanked me and rejoined the party with her friends and soon enough I felt the presence of my mate behind me seating himself right next to me with his arms around me.

"I see my sister told you about her dream" he commented. I nodded, recalling her words.

"It was nice of you to help her."

"Yeah, well she is my little baby sister" He chuckled placing a soft kiss on my cheek.

A/N

So I thought I should make this chapter more about Diana just to give people a clue as to what might happen in the next book! Any guesses? What do you guys think of Diana and her dream? There are unfortunately only two more chapters before the end of the book!! Chapter thoughts?? Future predictions?? Comment below and let me know what you think!!!

Picture of Diana to the side--->

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

-Neha