Chapter 26

*Neville Pov*

"What is going on?" I asked Nic frowning, but she just got the creepy grin like yesterday when I told her everything seemed so creepy.

"And you can stop with that look. I just said the word once and you need not show it everyday." I added to which she laughed and moved away from the dining table.

"Oh my god!" I mumbled staring at the food or I should say feast.

"Who the hell..." I stopped my question turning towards her.

"What are they trying to show?" I asked feeling the anger raising inside.

"Love?" she replied like a question making me glare at her.

I turned to leave but stopped in my tracks hearing her next words. I closed my eyes tightly before turning towards her.

"Yes! He prepared your favorite dish and you can open your eyes. It doesn't seemed to be bad in any way other than a few modifications which are needed by this dish." She said and I slowly opened my eyes only too cover my mouth.

"Don't laugh, Nev! He must have worked so hard for it. How much effort he took to make it to you. You must feel so blessed." She said in a dreamy tone.

"Because he is a guy and it is not his work to cook? Then how about all the work I did for each one of them even after knowing not even the part he must have known while preparing this." I asked to which she nodded smiling.

"I know what you are saying is right. I am just wishing that you will be happy again. And it is the right of every best friend to think like that." She said shrugging making me smile at her.

"Ok! I will be leaving then to finish as much report as I can. Otherwise the days within which we will leave will extend even more." She added walking towards the door after taking a bite from some of the food except his.

"As if you will not like it." I mumbled chuckling.

"In that I will not do anything. I will make sure it will not get postponed because I need to be there." She said winking and walked out of the door.

I smiled at the door and walked towards the dining table to see different but in huge quantities.

"Who must have prepared what?" I asked myself before taking a bite of the food he made only to cringe.

"God! What did he think while making this?" I mumbled before taking another bite which continued until I heard a chuckle from my side.

I turned to see Nic grinning at me and I cleared my throat, pushing the plate away before looking everywhere.

"You didn't leave?" I asked her in a casual tone.

"I did, but then returned to give you the letter in which the details of the people who cooked which item is written." She explained, taking out the letter which is below some bowl.

"However, it seems like you need not know as you may not have enough space to have some other food." She added, staring at the plate and I turned to see that it is empty.

"I am just tasting it so that I can scold him regarding his culinary skills." I said to which she laughed before placing the letter in my hand and left.

"Yes! I am leaving for real this time." She shouted when I continued to stare at her even after she was about to close the door.

"I am stupid!" I mumbled slapping my forehead and opened the letter before settling down in a chair.

'We thought of writing the names of the people along with the things they prepared but then decided against it. We should tell you by ourselves right? So, with great help of your friend, we are going to be near you by the time you read this letter. And I love you too.'