Chapter Six

Chapter Six (Unedited)

--Kindly put your playlist here---

"A man in love is cautious with the decisions he makes, words he says and actions he takes, so he never purposefully causes her pain. He believes in her when she struggles believing in herself. He is her foundation, where she feels safe to be her true self." – Elizabeth Bourgeret

Xander's POV

"Where is Mia." I snapped at the woman in front of me. The woman I recognized as Carmen Vega.

"She's in the car."

I looked at the picture of Mia in the New Zealand passport and the name written in bold letters. MIA STEWART. Then I closed it and put it back in the envelope - never letting go of it.

I strode to the door but Carmen Vega stopped me. "Please. There's something very important that you need know before you confront her."

I stopped and turned to her.

"She can't remember you."

"What do you mean she can't remember me?"

"She lost her memory. She can't recall everything that happened to her in the past."

A sudden chill ran down inside my body. NO. I refused to acknowledge what she said. This was just another of Mia's lies, their lies.

"Do I look stupid to you?" I chuckled. "Mia fooled me already, insisted that she is Lily. What the... She's becoming a good actress! Both of you can't fool me again. What you're saying is impossible."

"It's true, Mr. Valiente. She has an amnesia."

"Oh really?" I smirked. "Because she has amnesia, she changed her name from Mia Stewart to Lily Rojas?"

"Yes. Because she thought her name is Lily Rojas."

"That's the funniest thing I've ever heard, Miss Vega. That thing happens only in telenovela stories."

"I know you won't believe me. I'm not forcing you though." She heaved a sigh. "A year ago, Mia was rescued in the woods. She was unconscious and her head was bleeding. She was confined in California Medical Center for a week. For three days, she was always sleeping, and refused to wake up."

What? I felt my heart sank. Mia was in the woods... unconscious and bleeding? I didn't want to believe what Carmen Vega said, but she seemed like telling the truth.

"The doctor said she was fine. All her medical examinations resulted negative. But she experienced severe depression to the point that her brain blocked everything. She can't remember her brother... everyone including you. She can't even remember her real name."

I shook my head in confusion. Finally I found my voice and asked her. "How come she arrived here in Colombia. Of all places... Who brought her here?"

"Her brother, Tristan Latsis." Tears suddenly pooled in her eyes. "When she woke up, she wanted to go home to Colombia. She said she is a Colombian and even insisted that her name is Lily Rojas."

Oh Mia.... what happened to you...

"The doctor advised to let her do what she wants. She's the only one who can help herself to recover and remember everything."

I couldn't understand what I felt at that moment. I felt so miserable not knowing what she went through. She suffered being alone and forgetting everything. I should have been by her side... those times she was in distress.