10. No Mercy

"Let. Me. Go."

    I struggle against Damien as he pulls me out of the pub through the back exit. I attempt to wrestle myself off of him, but his grip on me was iron strong. Fuck him, I curse at him mentally. Fuck him and his strong arms.

    "Not until I'm done with you," he spits at me.

    He throws me down on the gravel and I land with a loud thud. When I scramble back up, I realize I'm surrounded by men, some of them whom I recognize from the night when Damien tried to have a go at me, but they pulled him back. Now, they're caging me in, Damien in the middle, his smirk so huge that it looks like it's about to break his face.

    And if that smirk doesn't, I will, I think to myself as I glare daggers at him.

    "I'll call the cops on you," I growl at him, fishing for my phone in my pocket but start to panic when I realize it's not there. When I look back up, I see Damien dangling my phone from his hand.

    He casts me another smirk and flings the device behind him. I cringe when I hear the sickening crunch of my phone plummeting to the ground.

    I groan. "Come on, man. That was expensive."

    "Fuck the phone," he hisses, stepping closer towards me. His eyes look mad—mad with rage. And I'm pretty sure me and Jax put it there the moment we pissed him off during the prelims. "You embarrassed me after the prelims. Everyone saw it. I can't even be taken seriously anymore."

    "And that's my fault? All I did was called you out on your stupid lies." I snort. "God, you're so petty. Holding grudges over something as small as that. Your followers must be so proud." I smile at some of them. They sneer back at me. Come on, I was just trying to be nice. "Is this what you do on a daily basis? Try to bully and scare girls who dare to question you?"

    "Pretty much, yeah." He shrugs. "Only you seem to be the most annoying one of them all."

    "Yeah, I get that a lot," I say. "Look, bro. You got some serious issues. My advice? See a therapist. Nothing beats having to talk things over with a complete stranger. You know, get them feelings out. I'm guessing you've been holding it in for so long now, shoving them deep inside of you, like your balls."

    "Careful now, girl," he sneers.

    "Or what?" I say out of annoyance. "You're going to kill me? Oh, dear. Please spare me! I'm so scared of you I'm practically shitting myself now!"

    "You should be," he says and takes out a knife from his pocket, then pointing it right at my neck. I stiffen and see the satisfaction of my fear climb up Damien's face. "Or I will carve out your fucking face and give it to Jax as a gift."

    "What the fuck is wrong with you?" I demand. "Why are you doing this?"

    "Revenge," he sneers.

    "It was one month ago. Get the fuck over it," I sneer back at him. "You lost, Damien. Your ego and your championship. Get that in that brainless head of yours, you fucking dipshit."

    "She's right, you know." I breathe a sigh of relief when I hear Jax's voice. Everyone turns to him when he materializes from the back exit, looking bored and annoyed as ever. "You are a fucking dipshit. Even the normal kind of shit is jealous of you."

    Damien quickly grabs me by the neck and whirls me around so that my back is against his chest and he's digging the hilt of his knife right where my vein lies on my neck. He growls as Jax approaches him, confident and bold and brave, like any other night when he emerges from the hallway and into that ring where he belongs.