Cut To The Chase

description

What happens when a private investigator gets caught a crime scene, falls in love with a murderer, accidentally kidnaps the maid, and spills red wine all over his white shirt? One big problem that's going to be hard to explain to the sheriff.

more info

Isa Cross, or known as her alias Sophia Flynn,  was involved in a murder spree ten years ago. And now, the police finally found evidence that puts her at the scene. Now, Sheriff Hill (a fat old man who grumbles at everything) and Detective Ryan Bayer (a hard ass who can't seem to catch enough murderers) are on her tail.

Shawn Hayes, is a quiet, worried, goody-two-shoe private investigator (who in all honesty isn't a great one). At the death of a twenty two year old hooker in the middle of a park, he's caught there with blood on his hands and his finger prints on the body. To get out of going to prison, he's hired by the Sacramento Police Department to track down Isa. He stalks her for weeks, unknowing that Isa is doing the same exact thing to him. Weeks later, Isa introduces herself, and threatens Shawn to keep his mouth shut about what he's seen or she'll kill him with the very impressive colt revolver that's in her back pocket.

They stay pretty well hidden (no thanks to Shawn's extinct to panic every time something goes wrong). But what happens when the maid who works at the hotel they're hiding at hears them talking, and goes to tell the police? Of course, to save Isa's butt, he locks the maid in a supply closet. Then, to make matters worse (which didn't even seem possible), he spills red wine on his white shirt. Right as the maid is banging on the closet door, screaming incoherently (in a language that, lets be honest, no one knows) and there's red liquid (that presumably looks like blood) dripping down his arms, Detective Bayer, who now was onto Shawn as well as Isa, walks in. Oh, and don't forget the fact that a serial killer is standing behind him holding a box of pizza.

[This book is on hiatus because I'm going to be busy for a while with school]

PLEASE NOTE: There is language not meant for kids (as in swearing) because some of the character's personalities are based on how crappy they are (lmao).