Markings

The evening sun streamed in beautiful rays down to illuminate quite dusty, dirty but still very magnificent streets of London. I would love to watch it, especially from this kind of angle as in at the top of the Empire house but.. I work for Mr. Ambrose, so;
The 'plink' sound came yet with another message and on it was:

Mr. Linton

Come to my office. Now.

Mr. Ambrose

I was prepared for fetching another file when I re-read the message again. What could he possibly want? I haven't done anything lately have I? I mean not that I would not do anything on purpose but still..

I guess the only way to find out is to get in..

I stood up, hastily opened the door and was greeted by a cold glare behind the desk. Even when there was such a stunning summer sunset view behind his back, the temperature in the room seemed to be below zero.

I cleared my throat. "Yes sir?"

Silence.

I cleared my throat again and waited.

Nothing.

I rolled my eyes. "Do you realize how much time/money/power you're now wasting?"

He glared at me. "Yes."

I sighed and sat in front of him. "Well?"

"I need to talk with you about certain..personal matter."

If I hadn't known better, I would even say that Mr. Ambrose looked quite uncomfortable? Angry? Showing some kind of feeling?

I raised my eyebrow and... to be honest I was getting a bit nervous. There is no personal matter with Mr. Ambrose. Everything is about work, money and commanding me, isn't it?

But than I unwillingly started to remember our 'marriage' in Egypt, especially that one heated moment on the bed and our shared nights at the desert and..No. Not everything about Mr. Ambrose is about work. I blushed furiously and prayed to God he didn't notice.

He cleared his throat and said in a cold deep voice: "That man you met at Egypt. The one that has driven you out of the desert? Who is he?" He joined the tips of his fingers in front of him, while his little finger twitched. Oh dear girl, someone is boiling with emotions today.

Now the second eyebrow joined the first. "What? You mean Captain Carter?" I laughed nervously.

"Ah so he is a captain." He glared at me.

"Yes." I said glaring right back.

"What is your relationship to him?" He said in a commanding voice. Which I hate, by the way.

"What do you care?" I asked, getting angry. For some reason I didn't feel telling him right away that me and captain Carter are only friends yet.

He gritted his teeth. "You are a woman. I can't have a married woman as my employee."

"Oh that's the reason why you're asking than? For the sake of your business?" I asked with a venom laced sweet voice.

"Yes. Only for that. " He looked away and his little finger's pace turned to staccato.

"Oh okay than. I'm happy to announce that me and Captain Carter aren't going to get married. Yet."

Honestly, I don't know why I added the yet at the end of the sentence. Still, I smiled brightly at him, getting up from the chair. "If that's all..."

He got up abruptly too and in a second I was pushed up against a wall.

"Don't play games with me, Mr. Linton." He hissed, breathing deeply.
I could feel almost every inch of his hard lean body on me and it made me feel a bit dizzy.

"I have no idea what you're talking about Mr. Ambrose." I said in breathless whisper.

I mean..I shouted and immediately pushed him away! Yep! Definitely didn't stare at his lips!

He cupped my face with his hand and murmured: "Of course not, Miss Linton. "

So now I'm a miss, am I?

"But just to remind you, you're mine." He stroked my cheek with his finger, sliding down to my lips.

"Understand? Mine."

I took a deep breath to shout at him that no, I am in no possible way his and that I never will be and that I wouldn't be even Captain Carter's or anyone else's especially no man's... When he kissed me, pushing himself more closely to me. I could not believe though, that I was kissing him back! And that my fingers have involuntarily found their way to his hair and that they were pulling him closer and closer and god why does it always feel like this?

He than stopped so we both could get some air and continued with trail of kisses down my neck. I moaned when he focused on one spot right before my collar bone and started to suck and lick it.

"Mmm God Mr. Ambrose." I breathed. "What.." Moan. "What are you doing?"

He trailed kisses back to my mouth again and whispered: "Marking you."

Abruptly he stepped away from me and in a cold controlled voice he announced: "That is all. Thank you Mr. Linton, you are free to go."
.

Did I ever told you how I hate this bastard? No? Even when I came home and saw the large violet mark on my neck? And that I had to pretend I had a cough and wear large disgusting shawl? And bear his stupid smirk on his face every time I stepped into his office? Even when he technically didn't move a muscle on his stupid handsome face? Oh okay, I guess you got the picture.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello there! That was my first ever attempt at fanfiction! Yaay! 😅
Hope you liked it. ;)

Diana.