Worry

At about 8 o clock in the morning a letter came to the Empire house. It was addressed to the man who runs it, to Mr. Ambrose. It traveled all the way up to Mr. Stone's desk only to be stuck there for quite some time because the assistant who handles the correspondence was missing.

Hearing nervous pacing from someone who doesn't ever show any kind of feeling behind Mr. Ambrose's door got Mr. Stone a bit nervous too.

He then decided that enough is enough. He's going to bring it in. Sliding from behind his desk he cautiously came to the door and knocked.

"What." He heard his employer's cold voice command.

"Sir, I got you some letters."

He heard him walking and then the door opened. He could barely register the cold glare directed at him when the letters where snatched from his fingers and the door was closed again.

Mr. Ambrose hurriedly, one could even say impatiently, ran through the letters until he came on a very strange one. It just said "Lord Ambrose" and appeared to have nothing inside. Frowning he opened it and out of the letter fell out a lock of brown curly hair.

Mr. Ambrose's heart stopped beating.

His hands began to shake and he didn't feel very steady on his legs either.

Sitting down heavily he put his head in his hands. Was this some kind of cruel joke? Did Dangliesh consider it to be funny that he informed him of Lilly's capture the same way he did with Simmons?

It's all his fault.

He never should've hired her.
He never should've let her close around him.
He never should've fallen in love with her
.

When the last thought appeared on his mind, sudden and burning rage came through him and he stood up angrily but instead of hitting someone/something he marched over to the door throwing them open. Ignoring the startled Mr. Stone he came up to him and said:

"Call Karim and all the others."

"Yes sir, immediately sir."

"Hurry, Mr. Stone!"

Than he returned and began pacing again, gritting his teeth and griping his hands.

.

Fifteen minutes later and he heard a noise.

From the office of his secretary.

He felt confused and his heart stopped once again and than began beating twice as fast as usually. He opened the door in hurry and...

There she was. Looking all perfectly healthy and alive. He let out a breath of relief.

"I'm sorry I'm late Sir. I was arrested again."

Lillian Linton said, trying to sound innocent. She of course wasn't fooling anyone and wondered what did the strange expression on hers boss face meant. He was unusually pale.

Feeling more glad than usually to find her there he did the unthinkable.

He hugged her.

Very tightly, breathing her in. "He was just trying to scare me." He murmured for himself.

"What? Who? Mr. Ambrose what is going on?" Lilian said while automaticaly hugging him back. She was very confused. (And maybe a bit pleased.)

"I believe I do the useless activity called hugging." He murmured to her hair.

"Why?" Now she was even more confused.

"Because I though I lost you." Mr. Ambrose sometimes wondered if she knew or even suspected the way he really felt about her.

"Why?" Lillian whispered breathless. There was a storm of feelings raging inside of her and she wasn't ready to understand them yet.

"Nevermind.. Don't you ever come late again, Mr. Linron." And that was it. Mr. Ambrose directered her a cold glare, returned back to his office and worked her even harder than usually.

.

From that time Lillian sometimes came late on purpose to try if she'd be hugged again.

Oh and there were a lot of strange men outside her house. Wonder what they are doing there?