Chapter 3~Mates

"Nice to meet you, Cole I'm Shane alpha of the moon blood pack." Shane smiled sticking out his hand to shake it. I took it gently shaking it. His loud laughter filled the room. I gave him a very confused look.

"Darling child... That is not how you shake a hand," he said between his laughter. I gave him another confused look before he took my hand and proceeded to show me how to "properly" shake a hand.

"There try again," he smiled at me. I tried again mimicking what he did and he smiled ruffling my hair causing me to make an annoyed face.

"Good job young one." He said with a real smile.

"I told you my name, sir," I said in a matter of the fact tone.

"I know I know, I just prefer nicknames if you don't mind." He said taking a few steps away from me.

"I don't mind at all," I mumbled rolling my eyes.

"Good, now there's more people you should meet, come, follow me." He turned on his heel and strode out of the room; I had to half-run to keep up with him.

We came to the end of a hall where two huge grand doors stood. Shane looked back at me flashing me a smile and pushing the door open.

Unknown P.O.V

The doors opened to the dining room and the most wonderful smell hit my nose. It was vanilla and mint, and suddenly it was the most mouth-watering mixture I've ever smelt. I looked up from my coffee and toast to see my dad with the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen.

She was shorter with long brown hair, gorgeous grey eyes, she was extremely pale and covered in little cuts and bruises covering her. My wolf howled in my brain.

"MATE... MATE.... SHES OUR MATE, THAT'S HER."

"Mate" I growled standing up. She quickly hid behind my dad gripping his shirt sleeve.

"Chill out," my dad called raising a hand as if he was telling me to not move.

"He's keeping our mate from us!" my wolf growled. My dad wrapped his arm behind him around the girl as if he protecting her. Anger boiled under my skin. She's mine, he shouldn't touch what's mine.

"Step away from my mate," I growled giving my dad a warning. The girl whimpered hiding her face from me that caused a twinge of pain to rush through my heart but she was mine and my father wasn't gonna stand in my way.

"Axel! You are scaring her," my dad yelled causing her to jump behind him. She was completely behind him so I couldn't be seen anymore.

"James help!" My dad yelled. My wolf growled again but this time my dad's wolf met it in response.

"Axel stop it now, you are scaring your mate." his voice rang in my head.

"She's my mate you have no right to keep her from me," I answered back anger dripping from my voice

James came rushing down the stairs into the dining room.

"Take the girl," my dad snaps at him. James doesn't hesitate and opened his arms for the girl. She gladly went into his arms hiding her face. He whispered something in her ear before picking her up and leaving with her. I let out a low growl.

"You have no right to keep her from me," I shouted seeing red.

"She's scared and traumatized. Her father most likely killed her mother and she was next on his list. Axel, you leave her alone till I say so," my father growled clearly annoyed. This only angered me more.

"I do what I want father," I snapped my voice dripping in venom. My father let out a deep low growl.

"Touch her at all before I say so, I will revoke your status as second in command." That sentence pushed me over the edge and I let my wolf take over.