Chapter 1

Tenroujima. It is Fairy Tail's sacred ground, and also the location of First Master Mavis's grave.

We were there for the S-Class Promotion Trials, but little did we know that we would be dragged into something much larger...

*        *        *

The guild is crazy. Never before have so many people been gone on jobs, never before have Natsu and Gray been so focused on working, never before have you experienced something quite like this in all your years in Fairy Tail.

Similar to many of the other guild members, you joined Fairy Tail when you were very young, around six or seven years old.

[Flashback]

"What's your name, child?" A tiny, old man sat cross legged on a counter, grinning down at you.

"I'm (Y/N) (L/N)," you whisper quietly, your eyes darting around the guild like you're afraid someone might attack you.

The guild master leans closer, his expression thoughtful. "I see. And do you use magic, (Y/N)?"

You bite your lip, remembering your painful past. "Yes," you say, barely audible.

The old man leans back again and beams at you. "Alright then! Where do you want your guild stamp?"

[Flashback end]

"(Y/N)!" A voice jolts you out of your thoughts. You turn to see a figure wreathed in flames with a mop of pink hair barreling toward you.

"Fight me!" he screeches as his fist comes flying toward your face.

Your eyes glow and Natsu freezes, suspended in the air, his figure outlined in yellow. He's suddenly thrown backward and ends up slumped against a table, smoke rising up around him.

"Natsu, you don't have time to fight," a flying blue cat chides. "We have to go on more jobs!" Natsu's Exceed partner, Happy, has arrived.

"Besides, I don't think you could beat (Y/N) anyway," a blond girl chimes in, giggling.

Natsu picks himself up and gives Lucy a sullen look before grabbing a request paper from the board and zipping off again, slamming into Gray on his way out.

"What's all this commotion for?" Lucy asks you.

You shrug. "Dunno. I don't remember this ever happening before."

"Really? Even though you've been in the guild for nine years?" The blonde's sparkling brown eyes gaze at you in confusion.

"I'm always taking job requests," you say absentmindedly. "I must have missed it every year, but Master told me to stay this time."

You turn your head to look at the commotion around the request board. Lucy follows your gaze which is focused on the large crowd of mages clustering around Mirajane.

"I'm taking this job!"

"I'll take this one!"

"I had that one first!"

"You did not!"

The poor silver-haired waitress is drowning in a sea of mages waving papers about and running in and out of the guild.

You stand, pushing a glass of water out of the way. Lucy looks up at you curiously.

"(Y/N)? Where are you going?"

"It's too noisy in here," you complain. "I'm going to go outside for a bit," turning, you walk toward the door, dodging people and flying furniture, papers, and drinks. You reach the large wooden doors and push them open while simultaneously smashing a flying chair into pieces.