Forced Guests

Mahira Khan as Ridhima

Karan Singh Grover as Karan Singhania

Ileana D'cruz as Ishika Singhania

Varun Dhawan as Varun (Karan's best friend)

Dylan O'Brien as Ayaan (Karan's other best friend)

"It's just that you look a little...dishevelled. Is something troubling you?" I ask Karan, his hair were a mess, his tie was loose and he looked very unkempt, something very different from his usual uptight, sophisticated aura.

His next words surprise me , to say I wasn't expecting it would be very apt.

"I am sorry, Ridhima." 

"you're........ sorry?" I ask him sceptically. 

Instead of elaborating as I expected him to do, he just gave a small nod. 

"For what?" All I wanted was to get up and leave the room. honestly, it is going to take more than a cute moment in bed, which made me very uncomfortable by the way, to make up for that make out session he had with Rose, in his bedroom last night. 

And to bear with his 'high and mighty' presence right now, is too much. 

"I am not sure, where to start, actually. I don't know if I should apologise for being a gigantic dick to you, should I apologise for not believing you, or maybe I should apologise for that scene you witnessed last night, rose and me." 

His words make my heart jump in my throat, I wanted this day to come, for him to realise he was wrong. 

"It is too late, Karan. You expect me to forget that you made me sleep on a couch, or what about the way you woke me up the next day, by throwing water on my face. I admit that you toned down the asshole in you after that, but it does not change the fact that you basically cheated on me, ignored me, and made me feel like shit all the time. I have been lonely ever since I came here. You didn't even bother to make me feel welcomed. now you are sorry." I breathe heavily after my rant, looking at a very guilty Karan.

Again, instead of saying something, or explaining anything, he remains quiet and hugs me.

It works little in easing my fury.

"I can give a lot of irrelevant excuses to defend myself. But I don't want that. In my opinion there is nothing I can say or do that will make it up to you , but I want you to give me another chance. Trust me on this one I will make it up to you. I promise." He said.

I hug him back tighter, my limp arms, which were by my side this whole time during his rant, go around his neck, as few rogue tears escape from the clutches of my lashes.  

My brain is telling me I am stupid but this one time, being stupid feels like the right thing. 

Maybe I am one of those people who are too naive to differentiate between the right and wrong times. I will let myself believe him.

"I forgive you."

  •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"How did you find out about all this?" I ask him as we lay in my bed , my head on his shoulder his arm acting as my pillow, his other hand holding my hand.

"I saw the video on your cell phone."

 It was the video Prachi recorded so I could get out of marrying Karan, by showing it to the media.

"Prachi recorded it." 

"I am sorry about your mom, your birth mother I mean." He says sombrely.