Chapter 7

Emma's POV

"Hey Ang, thanks for letting me stay on such short notice" I said as my friend opened the door letting me inside her gorgeous home.

"Anytime, you know you're always welcomed" she replied with a genuine smile.

We made our way up to her room and sat on her bed. Her room was huge, she had bright blue walls with quotes all over. She also had fairy lights above her bed and long white shear contains in front of her balcony doors. It was practically a tumblr room. I remember the first time I saw it. I was in awe I was always jealous of her room I mean c'mon, a balcony?

"So why'd you wanna sleepover? Not that I mind of course" she asked curiously

I really didn't want to tell her about my parents. I don't know why, I mean I should be comfortable telling her she's my best friend but right now I feel like it isn't the best idea. Maybe she'll just laugh or she'll think I'm weak.

"Just missed ya" I lied

"Aww! I missed you too" she squealed and pulled me into a hug

We decided to watch movies in her room for the night. So far we watched tangled, she's the man, mean girls, hunger games, and freaky Friday. Now we were finally ending our last movie of the night which was finding nemo. As the credits started to roll I noticed Angie sit up and look at me.

"Hey Em?"

"Mmm" I'm so lazy right now and talking is too much effort

"What's going on between you and Blake?"

I just shrugged my shoulders. I mean I don't even know what's going on.

"Use words Emma!" you could tell she's starting to get annoyed

"Fine! I. don't. know. what's. going. on. between. me. and. Blake. ok?" I told her very slow as if she was dumb

"Well are you guys friends?"

"I guess" I mumbled

I heard Angie sigh and pull out her laptop. "Listen I'm only doing this for your own good." She said

I curiously looked over to see that she was on twitter. I watch her type in 'Blake Stevens' in the search box and saw tons of mentions about him. The mentions were mostly girls

'He's such a good kisser'

'I find his bad boy image so attractive'

'He slept with me then dumped me, he's an ass'

'I think he's ugly'

'Sexyyyy'

I continued to read all the things girls in my school thought of him. It was actually weird to read because none of this sounds like him besides the hot part. I looked up at Ang to see her already looking at me, her eyes filled with concern.

"Em he's a player. He dumps girls daily I want you to be careful"

"I already knew he was a player, and I'm not falling for him so don't worry"

"I know your not, but just read all these tweets, the things he did were terrible! That's why I've been checking up on you. I don't trust him"

"Are you even sure that these girls are telling the truth?" I dared

"Yes, why would they tweet it" she said in 'duh' tone

"To get attention" I shot back

"Why are you defending him?!" She yelled

"Because I know he isn't like this!" I screamed back. This is ridiculous. Why the fuck am I having this conversation right now?

"It's all an act!" she yelled