What Are Chakras?

The Sanskrit language word "cakra" simply means wheel or disc. That's a pretty basic and understandable word!

However, when most modern people talk about chakras they aren't talking about a physical wheel. Instead, they're talking about a human-body-related concept which evolved separately in a variety of cultures. Chakras are best known for their association with medieval Buddhists in India, but other cultures such as the pueblo Indians developed similar ideas.

 Chakras are best known for their association with medieval Buddhists in India, but other cultures such as the pueblo Indians developed similar ideas

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Most practitioners agree on these base concepts.

· There are seven unique chakras.

· Chakras align from the base of the spine up to the crown of the head.

· Chakras are associated with the seven colors of the rainbow.

· Each chakra represents a certain group of properties.

· Chakras involve swirling life energy, sometimes called prana.

If you ask a thousand practitioners about chakras, you'll get answers which generally agree on these concepts, but which diverge when you get into the details.

It's worth noting, of course, that there are people who do not agree on even these basics. Some people feel there are more than seven chakras. Some feel they have no color. So this book covers the generalities that most – but not all – groups share.

I'll strive to cover the different points of view about each chakra in the coming pages.

Chakras In Yoga Meditation and Stress Reliefजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें