01 | limbo

I M P O R T A N T

Hello, darlings, and welcome to Killer Instinct!

If you're a new reader, please bear in mind that Killer Instinct is Book #2 of the Instinct Trilogy. Animal Instinct is the first book and this is the spin-off. It is not necessary to read Book #1 to understand what happens in this. If you're an old reader, welcome back and thank you for not giving up on this book.

This is the Wattpad version. I'm currently working on the complete Ebook version, which will hopefully be out sometime in September. As was the case with Animal Instinct (and unlike Slow Dancing), the Wattpad version will end on a proper note, but every scene that has no relevance to the plot have been removed. So, for instance, Dimitri stays in wolf form until C5 (on Wattpad) and until C9 (in Ebook). There will be 20-25 chapters on Wattpad and around 40-42 on Ebook, but trust me when I say that both versions will have the same ending (plus-minus an epilogue). Perhaps this might not sit well with some of you and it's fine if you choose not to read this. But please understand that ALL of my books are no longer in full on Wattpad due to many counts of plagiarism. Regardless of whether there is an Ebook, Killer Instinct would not have been in full either way.

On another note, I promise that you're in for a ride with plenty of twists, naked Dimitri moments and character death(s) (oh yes, I went there). Thank you for reading Killer Instinct and enjoy!

x Noelle

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

0 1

l i m b o

MONSTERS, PEOPLE SAID, were only the ones you had in your head.

But Brooke knew better.

It was quiet out here, too quiet, as Brooke already knew. Sometimes, if she strained her ears and listened, she swore she could almost hear the distant howl of wolves somewhere. The thought of that sent an involuntary shiver down her spine and she firmly put a clamp down on her wild imagination, leaning back against a nearby lamppost and scuffing the tip of her boot against the sandy path.

"Hurry up, Argos," she murmured, glancing down at the dog standing barely five feet away from her, sniffing at the nearest tree. "We're burning daylight here."

Argos looked at her. Then he looked at the tree. And hesitated.

"Fine." She sighed and stepped aside so that she was no longer in his line of vision, pretending to study the gravelly road ahead. "I won't look."

For a minute or so, she waited patiently for Argos to finish – well, peeing. He was well trained enough to drop Number Twos by the dumpster where she could easily pick it up with a disposable bag and get rid of it right after. But this was different. No matter how much she tried to stop him, this was something he always did – a weird ritual where he had to pee at the same spot, by the same tree, at this same time.

Almost as though he were marking his territory every evening.

She jumped when something brushed up against her leg. It was just her dog and she relaxed at the sight of him. His tail wagged in a way that seemed like he was ridiculously satisfied with himself.