Chapter 26

"...And that's how Naruto managed to both insult and motivate Tsunade into becoming the Hokage – as only Naruto can." Kanoko finished up the story of her most recent mission.

Sakura giggled, "Only Naruto!" Sakura smiled sadly, her eyes traveling to the immobile body lying before them, "...I'm happy you're back Kanoko..."

Kanoko raised an eyebrow, leaning against Sasuke's hospital bed, "Please don't tell me you spent all this time wallowing over the Uchiha."

Sakura's face puffed out, "Kanoko! Be nice!" Kanoko shrugged and looked back Sasuke, "He's going to be fine – him and sensei both." Kanoko paused to lift her arm up to Sakura, "The medics here were completely ineffective in healing my arm, and look at it now." Sakura leaned in and pulled back the bandages, "That's amazing! The scarring, it's nearly gone."

Kanoko nodded, putting the bandages back, "Tsunade told me the healing should finish up in the next day, maybe two if I put it through any serious stress."

Sakura smiled as she turned to Sasuke, her heart suddenly uplifted and hopeful. Sakura turned to Kanoko, "Where is she then?"

Kanoko waved absently, "Probably meeting with the elders and village leaders." She paused to look out the window, "But I imagine Naruto will find her soon and drag her here, kicking and screaming – him, not her, I mean."

Sakura laughed, "Yeah, good old Naruto."

0000000000000000000000

"Using the clues I've given you, determine your quickest route. Begin!" Iruka shouted enthusiastically, motioning to the chalk board behind him. The sounds of pencils meeting paper was heard until the door opened. Iruka-sensei looked over to the intruder before sighing, "Ok class. Unfortunately class will be cut short again."

The class cheered as Iruka walked out. Before leaving he told them, "But that problem is your homework." A chorus of groans was heard, following his statement.

Walking away from the academy, Konohamaru stared up at the Hokage's tower. He had seen a number of people enter and exit the tower with a variety of things and knew something was up. Running over, he was met with Kotetsu and Izumo walking down the stairs with boxes in their arms.

"What the heck do you think you're doing?! That's the Third Hokage's stuff!" Konohamaru yelled at them, fists tight.

"Well... you see... We have to make room for the next Hokage..." Kotetsu tried to explain, not entirely sure how to handle a distressed child. Izumo tried to soften his tone, "Yeah... The Fifth Hokage has been chosen. It's a huge relief to the whole village..."

Izumo did get to finish as Konohamaru growled and pushed past him, knocking Izumo back – trying to balance with the box, "My grandfather was everything to this village!" Konohamaru screamed out.

Racing up the stairs to face the Fifth Hokage, Konohamaru roughly turned the corner and ramming his face into a soft mound.

Konohamaru went pink as he snuggled his face, "Just like my baby blanket..." The moment was short before he jumped back and pointed aggressively at the woman in front of him, "What are you doing here?!"

Tsunade straightened her back, "What am I doing here? What are you doing here, you pesky little runt!"

Konohamaru took an aggressive stance before bellowing out, "Whose a little runt! I dare you to call me that again!"

Tsunade bent slightly to give Konohamaru a cocky smirk, "Oh yeah? So you're a glutton for punishment, huh?" Her smirk widened, "You're a pesky. Little. Runt."