Nice Surprise

Happy New Year! (Since this is the first chapter out in 2017 and I haven't talked to you guys since last year) (But it's kind of late now [January 11] to say happy new year, right?)

A couple chapters ago, I asked what chapter people wanted to be "ambrosified" (this means to be rewritten with the POV of Mr. Ambrose.... I just made up this word) and this was the most wanted one, so here you go!

The original chapter is chapter 2 of Silence is Golden. (It's only the first half, though....) If you haven't read that, go read it now!

Enjoy!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Rikkard Ambrose

I stared at the door, tapping my foot, waiting for a petite man to rush through my office doors. I snapped my pocket watch out and looked at it. 6 minutes and 53 seconds late. What is taking him so long? Doesn't he know that knowledge is power is time is money?

Later on, the door burst open and finally, the little Ifrit (according to Karim) entered his room.

'You're late, Mr. Linton!' I exclaimed as I glared at him, standing by the doorway that connected our offices.

'Yes. One hour, fifteen minutes and thirty-two seconds,' he said, cheekily, dropping his briefcase on the desk, sitting down in the chair, and slipping a watch out of his pocket, all at the same time.

'Admirable, how exactly you keep an eye on the time of day, Mr. Linton.'

'Thank you, Sir.' he replied.

'It would be even more admirable, however,' I frowned, stepping into his office, ' if you would devote the same amount of attention to the time of day when you are supposed to appear for work. Punctually!'

'Indeed it would, Sir.'

'Why exactly are you late Mr.Linton?' I asked, no, demanded an answer, wanting to hear it from his own lips. HER lips. Soft, and very kissable indeed, a voice inside my head sounded.

'I got arrested,' she said, stopping my thoughts from going any further. Literally. All my thoughts went to her arresting.

'Ordinarily, this would surprise me, Mr. Linton. But, coming from you, it does not. Why do you think that is?'

'Because you know I'm a little demon from hell?' she smiled cheerfully, looking up at me with her chocolate eyes. She then bent and pulled open a drawer, sorting through the day's correspondence.

'A pertinent point, Mr. Linton.'

'Thank you, Sir.'

'The time lost will be deducted from your wages.'

'Of course it will, Sir,' she said, still shuffling through the envelopes.

I stood there, my arms still folded, as I silently thought about what she just said. She was arrested. Why?

I glanced towards her, her face hidden behind the letter, a grin that was not so concealed as she thought. She was laughing at me, how wonderful.

'So...' The word tumbled out of my mouth, I was unable to stop my curiosity.

'Yes, Sir?'

'Why, Mr. Linton?'

'Why what, Sir?' she asked, her face still hidden behind that envelope.