Chapter Seven

(unedited)

"I'm going to an art exhibition today, you can come if you want." 

"You starting to enjoy my company, aye?" I mumbled huskily, it was morning and Jasper and I were spending it together as usual. 

Jasper grunted, "You are studying art, your mum thought you'd be interested." 

"Oh, so she persuaded you to take me?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yes." He said distractedly, checking emails again. 

"You could at least pretend that you like my company," I muttered taking a bite of my toast. 

"Why pretend?" he retorted nonchalantly, the corners of his mouth slightly lifting

"Ahh, so even the heartless beast can smile," I chuffed. 

"Heartless beast?" He looked up from the laptop screen, an eyebrow raised, "what makes you say that?" 

"Because you always look like this," I pulled my mouth downwards with my fingers and furrowed my brows, forming a creepy frown. 

"I hope not," He grimaced, "you look horrendous." 

My mouth dropped and I looked at him astounded. 

"You can't speak to a woman like that," I countered passionately, "one day you'll make some one cry!" 

"I wouldn't call you that," He said taking a sip of his coffee, "a woman I mean." 

"You fuc-" 

"Good morning you two!" 

We turned our heads to find my mother who was looking awfully chipper this wonderful morning. 

"Yes, such a great morning.." I muttered bitterly, finishing off the rest of my toast. 

She strutted over to Jasper and gave him a chaste kiss on the neck, "Good morning, baby." 

He gently grabbed the back of her neck and pulled her in for a passionate kiss. 

"Morning baby," A mischievous smile just for her, played on his lips. 

I gagged. 

Ugh, right in front of me? Why? 

I threw my dishes in the sink, and sauntered off to my room to get dressed. 

My room was finally starting to feel like mine, I hung some old oil paintings on the walls and littered the room with my junk. Yup, it was definitely my room. 

I threw my golden locks into a bun and shimmied myself into a tight pair of jeans and a pretty white blouse. I couldn't help but feel excited for the art exhibition. I had only been to a few shitty ones back in my hometown, but I had heard great things about the exhibitions in the city. 

Only the best of the best got to showcase their art in the city, it was considered an honour. 

"I'm leaving!" Jasper called, his strict voice bouncing off the walls. 

"I'm coming!" I yelled back, quickly shuffling a pair of converses on. I snatched my purse from the desk and sprinted out of my room down to the kitchen where Jasper stood impatiently, a tick in his jaw. 

"I didn't even take that long," I muttered, "stop being so impatient, you're such a drama queen." 

"First heartless beast and now drama queen" He eyed my outfit up and down a look of distaste in his eyes, "I can't wait to hear your next insult, little girl who dresses like my grandma."