AND THE STARS

아련히 사라진 빛을 보고 있는 겨울 그 시간
밤하늘 외로이 떠 있는 단, 수정처럼 빛나는데

-

THAT WINTER, WHEN I'M LONGINGLY
LOOKING AT THE VANISHED LIGHT
THE MOON IS IN THE NIGHT SKY ALONE,
SHINING LIKE A CRYSTAL

-

MOON CRYSTAL
M&D

-
AND THE STARS
-

Wonwoo wasn't the same after Sohee passed. He was still smiling- smiling wasn't the problem- but he couldn't move on. He still loved Sohee. He missed her smile, her eyes, and her want for the moon. he missed her moon.

"Wonwoo!" the doctor called for him. "You have to meet your new patient!"

"Coming!" Wonwoo replied. He stuck the crystal moon necklace in his pocket and ran over to the room where the doctor was waiting; if he wasn't with a patient, he was with the necklace.

Wonwoo was still a student nurse. He still had a year left because of transcript errors. That, and a patient who wasn't supposed to die, Sohee, had died, and she had died with Wonwoo. Wonwoo still had a while. He had been on and off patients because the doctors were wary of his past love for Sohee. It wasn't a past love, though; Wonwoo still loved Sohee.

He entered the room and looked around. The room he was in had been the same room Sohee had stayed in, and he felt himself tear up. He shook his head. He had to stay professional; this was his graduation on the line. He peeked behind the curtain and saw a girl around the same age as Sohee. Her hair was a light brown, and her eyes were covered by large, dark sunglasses. Wonwoo bowed upon seeing the parents in the room, the doctor introducing him to the girl and the parents.

"This is Jinhee. She is currently blind due to an accident in her science lab. She is going to go through a eye transplant, but as of right now, we need to keep her in the hospital to run some tests and get situated so that we can proceed with the eye transplant," the doctor said.

"Okay," Wonwoo turned to the parents and said, "She'll be safe in our care."

The parents bowed and thanked Wonwoo and the doctor before heading out, the doctor instructing Wonwoo once they left. The girl with the sunglasses, Jinhee, continued looking in their direction. It freaked Wonwoo out for just a split second, but he just kept his attention to the doctor; Jinhee must've just wanted to know who was talking.

Wonwoo had to help Jinhee around. He was stationed to her to just watch over her, and another female nurse would do the more intimate things with her. Wonwoo asked why he was the one in charge of her when a female nurse would've been more useful, but the doctor said they were short nurses, and Wonwoo was the only one without a schedule. It was the same story for Sohee when she was alive, but Wonwoo was used to it by now.

"Hey," Jinhee said when the doctor finished instructing Wonwoo. "Come over here."

Wonwoo was startled. Her voice was loud, but it sounded smooth at the same time. There was a slight smile on her face as Wonwoo walked over to the bed. He stood by the bed as Jinhee pushed herself up and crossed her legs. She took off her sunglasses and looked at Wonwoo, her eyes glazed over.

"You know I can't see you, right?" Jinhee asked with a snicker.

"Yes," Wonwoo responded.