2- Why?

No. It can't be. I blinked and shook my head. I opened my eyes and there he stand still staring.
"NO!" I shout
"What?" The person says confused.
I repeat a second time with blinking and shaking my head. I open my eyes.
He was gone.
"Where'd you go!" "Hello?"
He chuckles evilly.
He walks back into the foyer.
It looks like a different person. He had a mask.
God, I watch too many YouTube videos. I stalk their feed too much.
" You are not to tell anyone about this" as he takes a iMac and handful of expensive jewelry.
"I will be back..." he walks out and slams the door.
As soon as he leaves I look out the window to see a big white van with the words:
BUG EXTERMINATION
On the sides.
Stolen van.
As soon as he pulls off. I run to every door window and opening that can be closed and LOCKED every single one.
I closed the all the curtains.
I ran into my room and locked the door, closed the curtains, jumped into the bed and turned on Netflix.
I'm acting like a little kid who is afraid of monsters. I'm 18 years old. GET IT TOGETHER EMILY!! But it's a burglar! Get your mind together Emily, stop acting like a child and handle this like an adult. Okay...
I took a deep breath.
I dived under the covers with my phone and cowered.
So much for acting like an adult. 😒
Soon I fell asleep. I woke up the next day. Lights were on downstairs. The basement window was open.
Schnitzel
Of all things, you forget the basement window of course. Idiot.
The mini fridge and tv in the basement room were gone. I ran downstairs. And quickly locked the window. There was a note:

Dear Emily,
I hope you have money to buy all this back. I'm gone. Last visit. You will never find me. With your stuff. The police can't find me. But they wouldn't know would they? You are not to tell anyone.
XO
- your worst nightmare...

I shuddered.
You are not to tell anyone.
The words fluttered back to my head. Then I remembered the face. Why was it that he looked just like Grayson? Was it my mind and I was hallucinating? Or was it him? Why did I feel so strongly that it was him. On social media he was a gentle, sweet kind person who would never hurt a fly. Exaggeration. Why? Why do I keep getting terrifying memories of that night? Why do I keep seeing his face? Why do I remember those words and that face so CLEARLY? Why? I had questions. I was confused. I saw him in a different light now. Was I going crazy? Was it truly him? What is happening to me?

----