Chapter 20

Oliver's eyes flickered as he started to wake. He breathed deeply and moved his tired body. When he slowly turned around, he leant against something warm. His eyes opened properly to see a dim lit room. But it wasn't his room.

Where is he?

He was still too tired to focus on his surroundings. He looked to his left to see another person sleeping gently next to him.

Suddenly,

All the events flooded Oliver's mind as he remembered where he was and who was laying next to him. He had rolled over and leant against Vinny who was still sleeping.

Oliver knew it was really early in the morning. He remembered the vampire telling him that he didn't sleep for more than four to five hours a night.

He watched him for a little longer. It was too dark for his eyes to really see him so he closed them and forced his body to drift back to sleep.

* * * * *

When Oliver woke up again, his body felt much more rested but as he opened his eyes, he couldn't see anything. He closed them again before slowly stretching his limbs.

That's when his arms brushed against something warm.

Vinny watched his soulmate wake up. He was sitting in bed with a book in his hand, he didn't want to leave Oliver to wake up on his own. During the night, he had buried himself into the side of Vinny with his head resting next to his ribs, that's why he couldn't see anything.

Vinny looked at all the extra space on the bed but Oliver decided to sleep right next to him. He definitely wasn't complaining, he loved waking up to feel that he was right there, even though it was something completely new for them both to share a bed with someone.

There was something very comforting about it.

Oliver lifted his head to reveal the vampire's bedroom, swamped in daylight. He rolled on his back and rubbed his eyes with a yawn. He had no idea what time it was but the morning was here and he was not a morning person.

He rested for a few seconds more before opening his eyes again. He let his gaze wonder to the vampire, sitting next to him.

Vinny was still watching him as he put his book on the bedside table.

"Morning," He said while Oliver slowly sat up.

"Morning" He mumbled sleepily.

Vinny looked at his tired and puffy eyes.

"You don't look like a morning person."

"No, I'm really not." Oliver noticed that he was far too awake. "I'm guessing you are?"

"Yes. I've had a few hours to wake up, though."

Oliver nodded.

He then looked over at the bag of clothes that was next to Vinny's door. John went back to the house last night and packed some essentials for them before everything was officially brought over.

"I think a shower will wake me up a bit," He said quietly. "Is it okay if I use your shower?"

"Of course. It's now your shower too," Vinny watched him get out of bed.

"I'm still getting used to that," He smiled before walking over to the bag.

When he looked into the massive bathroom, his eye's widened with amazement. It was huge. Everything from the floor to the walls was tiled in cream marble squares. The toilet looked very grand, as did the sink. everything looked extremely expensive.