Chapter 4: Book 2

There was a long pause of silence, weighing down on your shoulders each second. Yukino smirked devilishly, then sat up in your bed with a playful sigh.

"Oh come on now, don't play dumb with me. We both know that he's a murderer.", Yukino says casually. You eyes widen, and you look down to your hands slowly.
"I-I know. I already had to except that. But it worked out fine in the end.", you said quietly, glancing up at Yukino.

In that small second you made eye contact, his lifeless, dull orbs had appeared again. He blinked, and they instantly turned back to normal however. Then, with him wearing a straight face, he slowly got off your bed. You watched him curiously, before it was to late to regret your decision.

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡

In that moment, he dashed at you, making you fall back against the floor.
"Y-yukino! Hey! That's not funny!", you yell, covering your chest. He suddenly, and roughly, picks you up and slams you against the wall.

You let out a small cry, trying to call out to Senpai. Yukino stares at you with dulled eyes, and a creepy smile as he starts to lean down to your ear.

"Its only a matter of seconds before Oni-chan runs up here to save you, so.. I decided your going to be my prey as well.", he whispers, stepping away just in time. The door swings open, slamming against the wall, actually managing to put a hole in it.

"Yukino!", Senpai yells, running in with a knife, charging at him. Yukino laughs manically, as he dodges the attack, slidding out his hidden knife as well.

"Does this whole family carry knives!? Like- Jesus Christ!", you said, frightened. They both look at you, then look down at the knives. Senpai slowly puts his back into his pocket, and slaps his brother.

Yukino steps back, holding his cheek with wide eyes. He looks down at the floor apologetically.
"You know she's mine! Don't make me go after you, Yukino! Your the only family I have left..", Senpai says, his voice starting to shake.
"It's not fair! You get all the pretty girls!", Yukino cries, running out of your room.

"Yukino is Senpai's only family? Then where are his parents? Don't tell me-"

Senpai slowly looks at you, then falls to his knees. You flinch, quickly making your way to his side.
"Are you okay!?", you said, holding his cheeks. Senpai blushes, putting his hand on yours.
"That was too close.. I almost lost it on him.", Senpai says with a long, tired chuckle.

"Almost lost it on him..? What do you mean-", you get interrupted. Senpai grips your hand tightly, to the point it was painful, then glared intensely at you.
"He didn't touch you, right?", he said. A cold sweat runs down your face, and you shake your head.
"No! He didnt..", you mumble.

Flashback:

"Its only a matter of seconds before Oni-chan runs up here to save you, so.. I decided your going to be my prey as well."

End flashback

Remembering that made you look away from Senpai uncomfortably. But since it sounds like Yukino's safety is on the line, you decided to keep it a secret.

A secret that will one day determine your life.

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡

The next morning was quiet, and you had almost forgot the sudden move. Yes, so it is true. You had moved into Senpai's house, along with his younger brother, Yukino.

You yawned, getting out of bed.
"I guess I need to change. It would be indecent to walk around in a boys house with only pajamas on.", you thought, changing. When you were done, you made your way down the old staircase that creaked every three steps or so. You saw Senpai in the kitchen, warming up left over waffles.

"G-good morning..!", you said, awkwardly making your way into the kitchen. Senpai's eyes lit up, and he smiles.

"I'll make you some breakfast!", he cheers, getting two plates ready. Looking around the kitchen, you realized that a face was missing.
"So, where's Yukino?", you asked, watching Senpai prepare the food.

He groans for a moment, then let's out a sigh.
"Oh him? He's out getting more food. It's the reason we are having leftovers for breakfast.", he laughs, passing your food to you. You smile, and thank him.

Eating some, you realized that these were absolutely delicious.
"W-woah, who made these waffles!? They are amazing!", you said, stuffing your face.

You suddenly remembered something.

Flashback:

"Oh, cookies! These are delicious!"

End flashback

You instantly stopped stuffing your face, feeling uneasy. Senpai looks at you with a confused look.
"I-its nothing, just an old memory I wish I hadn't thought of..", you mumbled, holding your mouth.

"Its okay, Yukino made these yesterday. ", Senpai assures.
"They didn't go bad, did they?", he adds, taking a bite.

"Knowing he made these doesn't help at all! It actually makes it worst!"

Thinking about your past experiences, you decided to play it safe, and not eat the waffles.
"I'm not hungry actually..", you said awkwardly. Senpai looks at you.

He puts his hand over yours.
"If your not hungry, what do you want to do instead?", he said, the ends of his lips starting to form a smirk.

"H-huh?"

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡

A possible yandere brother detected?! A perverted Senpai!? Next time on It Started With A Letter!