innocence and eyes

Yay! Karim! Hehe 
------------------------

The story of his Sahib and the Ifrit was pretty much insane. Karim could verify this claim.

Karim's role was mostly centered on witnessing their tale. But it was not like he chose this particular life. All he ever really signed up for was to become his Sahib's most trusted bodyguard.

It might not be apparent but Karim knew what owing someone really meant. Didn't exclusively revolve around money, because at times, it meant service and fulfillment. (Unsurprisingly, his Sahib begged to differ.)

In Karim's point of view, the word before was synonymous to the phrase a life without the Ifrit.

Before, he and his Sahib would travel, gain money along the way (of course), annihilate enemies, do illegal stuff, or simply risk their lives in the name of his Sahib's business ordeals. Before, he was doing typical chores—things that were expected to be done. Indeed, he actually saw and go through moments that could not be labelled as bizarre by his own tongue.

Before was nice, really.

Ah, for him, life used to be so tranquil. Some other people might had decided to shake their heads in disbelief since life exposed to danger was not tranquil at all. Then again, in his defense, before, he wasn't tasked to eliminate, uh, a woman's suitors.

He did not know when exactly the electric vibes (Karim could not think of a much fitting term) began to manifest. All he gathered was that it did not take that long for his Sahib and the Ifrit to do daring or uhm...mature stuff.

True, when the Ifrit was suddenly shoved into the equation, he and his Sahib still went through the same lifestyle—the perilous escapades were still there.

But in his interpretation, still, life was never tranquil again.

Because acting as if the Ifrit didn't exist was extremely hard. Her noise and her feministic notions plus actions were really difficult to ignore. Even his Sahib was twitching from her incapability to remain idle. Her talent was relevant to being able to bother even the coldest man. She was gifted this way.

And Karim was annoyed.

He was seriously contemplating whether he was extremely evil in his past life—or more morbid than his current disposition. The rhetorical question was: Honestly, did he deserve to interact with that woman?

He did not know what his Sahib saw in her.

Karim saw a woman who happened to carry great potential in connection to being crazy. Karim observed that she was skilled in being irritating through her relentless antics.

He could see that she refused to conform to the main societal setting and she thought that gender did not hold any significant say in terms of social hierarchy. She continued to argue that women and men were equal.

He saw a woman who would wear a tailcoat and steal her uncle's trousers just so she could prove a point. In his opinion, beneath the layers that screamed male was a female who was smug and delusional enough to assume that she was indeed working. She still resorted to hide her real gender after all. Her point didn't really come across. 

But then, much to his surprise, after a while, he learned to, well, respect her in some way. He would never be caught saying this out loud though. Never.

It might had been because of her firm refusal to back down or be undermined. She insisted to come along with them even if this also equated to danger. 

And yes, she (and his Sahib) did have this tendency to be caught in the act—specifically, going back to those times (times! ugh, in plural form) when they were kissing, those times when they were almost going to do it. He could not easily forget their clothes, or the lack thereof!

He thought his Sahib was so much better than succumbing. He really ought to not underestimate her.

When they were in the jungle, she did threaten Karim that she would completely remove her clothes. So to avoid this, he must teach her how to use a gun. The woman could be so manipulative, too. Good thing his Sahib was the one who taught her in the end.

She knew what she wanted. Karim bet his Sahib's long-contained hormones were struggling to break free. In fact, to Karim, they were both living in sin. 

Karim was internally shuddering. He was used to killing and the like...but for him, nudity and their approach toward the mating ritual were downright scandalous. His eyes! His eyes!

Karim was inwardly mourning over his loss.