21

They swiftly embraced a familiarity from which they were unable to disentangle themselves

They swiftly embraced a familiarity from which they were unable to disentangle themselves. She showed him her scars, and he pretended he didn't have any in return, because there was no way in hell he was going to take away from the one moment that she was vulnerable.

Elijah couldn't help but kiss her, he needed to after the first kiss they shared together some nights ago. It had left a tingling feeling whenever he touched his lips, and he'd grown to crave it more and more. Needed it, like oxygen.

Evalyn's lips were responsive, as was her body, tensing under his fevered touch, caving in with a heavy sigh as she finally rested her forehead against his chest. Things were escalating fast, but they both needed this to happen, and to get it out of their system, despite the elephant in the room.

They were like poison mixed together, but magnetic. Making their pull stronger and sweeter, each time they crossed paths.

Venomous.

A nagging voice simmered in his mind, because there was something important he needed to discuss with her, she ought to know why he had simply bolted after dropping her and Bella off, he thought urgently.

"Me too," She said, "I can't stop thinking about you, Elijah."

That did it for him, made him want to pick her up and take her right here on the hood of his Jeep. But he controlled himself.

"Wanna get out of here?" Elijah murmured into her ear.

"I can't," Evalyn whispered, "Bella is at the club."

"Is she alone?" Elijah prompted. "How is she?"

"Daniel is with her." Evalyn said simply. "She's peachy, for lack of better words I suppose. She's been through a lot, you know?"

Elijah huffed in response, he recognised the name, knew that it belonged to one of her friends. He hadn't acted like he was fond of Elijah's presence at all. But that he didn't care about, not right now.

"So have you." He commented, indicating just how much he really wanted to talk to her.

"I'll text her," Evalyn suddenly said, pulling back, "We've been in each other's faces for nights and days on end. Perhaps she wants to have fun tonight, and I'll come and pick her up later. Or even Dan could drop her off home."

"Are you sure?" Elijah mused, scratching the back of his head. "I don't want you to feel like you have to come with me."

"Yeah, we both need headspace." Evalyn admitted, "Daniel is at the club with her, I know he's going to take care of her for me. I trust him."

"Alright," Elijah said, pulling her along with him to his vehicle, "Let's go."

"Where?" Evalyn voiced out curiously, a little anxious and queasy inside.