(VII) Prom Dresses and Close Friends

Over the next two weeks, Jacob continued to be such a darling mate

Over the next two weeks, Jacob continued to be such a darling mate. More little dates, gifts that I was more than thankful for, all the compliments a girl could ask for. I was nearly overwhelmed, not having expected how into this he was, how much that Jacob was trying to be the perfect mate like he had promised. 

Sure, people at school were shocked at the news, and many had a hard time accepting the fact that I was going to be their next Luna. It didn't upset me too much that they refused to change how they were, I have had to deal with it all my life, what's twenty-three days of their hell? 

Prom was just two weeks away, and although I hadn't even thought to go, when Jacob had asked, I couldn't have said no due to the pouty look he had given me. So that is how I had found myself in one of the boutiques in town with Sophia, Jacob's debit card in my wallet, him insisting that he be the one to pay for the dress. While he was at baseball practice, I had dragged Sophia with me, needing a second opinion as to what dress I should end up getting.
Although Sophia had given up trying to look nice for the rest of the year, she still had an amazing taste in clothes. During the summer before school started, she and I would come into town together to do our clothes shopping. She was my best friend, my confidant, my rock, and my fashion inspiration. Now, if only she hadn't worn the sweats today. 

We stood in one of the higher end stores, one that was filled with one of a kind formal dresses. I had only really been in here when Sophia had dragged me when she had been shopping for her homecoming and winter formal dresses. 

Unlike Sophia, who had gone to all of the school dances, I had only been too one: homecoming my freshman year. That had turned into a complete disaster, seeing as though Jacob had dumped the punch bowl onto me, completely ruining the lilac dress I had worn. I had sworn then that I would not attend another one, but Jacob had clearly gotten me to change my mind. Funny how he could be the reason I attend a dance again after he was the reason I stopped going.

"I dunno, Soph, can't I just tell Jay I've changed my mind?" I asked, seeing as though in the last forty-five minutes I hadn't found anything I liked and the shop-keep kept giving us the stink eye, thinking that neither of us would find anything we liked. That we were going to be bothersome teens that wouldn't bring any money into their store. 

Sophia had already found herself a dress, nearly a month ago. It was a crimson gown with a sheer back and had silver detailing. It was really nice, and she loved it. The problem was that I couldn't find anything here that I liked, it all seemed too showy. I nearly gave up when I had caught sight of a pretty wine shade, the dress hidden behind a raunchy silver number. 

"Nope, don't play with his heart like that," Sophia respond as I moved the silver...thing aside, revealing a dress, a very promising one. It wasn't showy at all. It had a cute scalloped neckline and thin straps. It was a two-piece dress, with a mix of lace and tulle. It had been the nicest looking dress that I had found all day, and I was liking the look at this one. I held it out, asking for Sophia's thoughts on it. "Ooh, that one's cute, you gotta try it on."

Change of Heart  (2018 - COMPLETE)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara