Confusion

Abby's POV

"No way" Thea scoffed, rolling her eyes in disagreement.

I pleaded to her. "But you'll lose your job if I don't do it"

She turned, her hands curled to fists. "Who cares if I lose this job! If it means you'll do this then it's fine if I'm jobless"

I've never seen her this mad before, knowing she's always been cheery and happy. This really is something that could tick her off, something important.

I held her hand gently. "I don't want to be the reason for you to lose your dream job, you've worked hard to earn this position, and you know that." She bit her lip in frustration. Not kidding, this really is something stressful to decide with, the idea of working with Dave again made my head feel queasy.

The memories came flooding back, remembering the times where we cherished each other. Every intimate moment, each time the fire burned inside me as he kissed me. I blinked back the tears, realizing that I haven't felt those lips since three years ago.

It's been two days since Zach told me about it, and those two days have been hell to me. Depressed and consumed by my own thoughts as time passed by.

I felt her arms wrap around me, cuddling in closer. "I know you miss him, there's no point in hiding it infront of me" A sob escaped my lips, earning a few more tears to fall. Thea was the only one I had the courage to tell all the stress I felt when I missed him. She was the one who comforted me and came when I needed a shoulder to cry on, she helped me come out of my depression and was always there for me.

We stayed like that, her arms around me, caressing my back to comfort me. She lets go as soon as my crying stopped. "I know you miss him, but he's not the man you think he is Abby" Her words trailed off, lingering in the silence around us.

I looked up, her emerald eyes staring back at mine. Why did I see hesitation in them? Was she hiding something from me?

I forced a smile, trying to look happy. I couldn't and it looked like a sick grin. "I know, and I have to do this to realize that it's not him"

I stood up and left, closing the door behind me as I feel my chest tightening within seconds.

*****

I sat down on my chair, running a hand through my messy locks, many thoughts invading my mind. Should I really do it? What will happen if I agree to this? God dammit, this is so fucking hard.

The sound of the door opening interrupted my thoughts, I look up to see Zach smiling at me with his hand held to the door knob.

"May I come in?" His smile grew wide, why is he so charming?

I nodded, telling him to enter. He closed the door and sat down on the couch opposite to me. "So, have you thought about it?"

I looked down to my shoes, observing the glossy coat on them. " I haven't really decided about it yet"

He stood up and held his hand out for me. What is he doing? Why does he have his hand outstreched to me?

He cocked his head to the side, grinning. "I won't bite, I promise" I took his hand in mine as he helped me up from my chair. He led me outside the building and to his car, sitting down on the passenger seat as he sat infront of the wheel.

He started driving, to who knows where. "Where are we going?" I asked, glancing to him and to the road infront of us.

"Relax, we're going out for a scenic walk" He turned the wheel as he rounded the corner, a few minutes of silence and I see a cliff near the water.

He turned off the engine and jogged to my door, opening it for me. I muttered my thanks as I got out, the first thing I take in was the smell of wet grass and the sound of the ocean splashing against rocks.

And then it dawned to me, remembering this place from before.

This was the place where Dave kissed me when I couldn't remember him.

"I come here often to clear my thoughts" He sat down on the ground, patting the space next to him for me to sit.

I sat down beside him, our feet dangling below the abyss.

It started out with the comfort of silence, our minds drifting to other thoughts as we stared at the blue ocean.

Zach turned to me, his eyes seemed to be more brighter to the contrast of the ocean. "I'm really sorry Abby, this might be hard to decide for you"

Unknowingly, I was biting the inside of my cheek. I looked down to my feet, seeing the rocks from below, maybe I could end my suffering right now, I could jump down and it wouldn't hurt, Sure I'll feel the sharp rocks crushing my bones, but that's more comforting than this, after that my life can come to an end. I'll finally get over Dave, I won't miss him when death has claimed me.

Zach gripped to my hand, like he knows what I'm thinking through my actions. "Abby?"

My mind was screaming for me to jump, to end my life with such ease. My attention was focused to the rocks below, the idea of death now oddly relieving.

Zach stood up, letting go of my hand. "I'm going to get you some water, I'll be right back" And then I was alone, my thoughts consuming my sanity. It was in this mere moment that I can decide my fate, my death.

It was so easy, the thought of death was one step closer.

I stood up, closing my eyes as I prepared for the fall. My feet were dangerously near the edge, and leaning forward takes so much little effort to end my suffering.

And with that little effort, I slowly let myself fall off the edge.

I smiled, remembering my parents. After all of this, I'll finally be with them again.

It was suppose to be painful, feeling and hearing my bones painfully crushing against the rocks below. But instead I felt the warmest hand circled to my waist, stopping me from my death.

Then the arm pulled me back, escaping my death and bringing me back to life.

*****

Hey Guys!

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! :)

This won't be a long author note since I have nothing much to say here.

And as always don't forget to Vote and Comment ;)

Lots of Love ❤
-Author