epilogue.

Her eyes read over the letter once more. His words, his last words, were seared into her mind.

A tear escaped from her eye and began to roll down her cheek. But she quickly wiped it away. Taking a deep breath, she tore her eyes away from the paper and looked forward.

She could see her reflection on the black screen of the TV. She looked tired and lost.

  Looking down at the paper again, she realized there was something written on the back.

  "Sometimes love isn't about staying. It's about leaving when you need to, " she read aloud.

For a moment, the tick tock of the clock could be heard again from behind her as she was silent. The faint smell of the candles burning filled her nose. Candles which he bought every Christmas, as a tradition. Her eyes were on the storm outside, thinking about how he loved storms.

Everything reminded her of him.

But her heart wasn't breaking anymore. It was already broken and that was okay. She was okay. Her love for him might've broken her heart, but it made her strong too.

She wouldn't be alone anymore. She had her memories of them together. She had his love and his letter.

And each period that had broken her heart would now strengthen her.

  Life went on without you. Of course, it did. Of course, it does. It was just an ending, they tell me, not the end.
–Lang Leav.