The Founding of Flucht: Ketra

Three weary travelers met one day at a tavern in Ares, when their similar troubles brought them to each other. The night was far from young and many drinks had been had, but all three of them had spoken of founding a new kingdom, one where all races would be able to live in harmony. They started off the night telling anyone who would listen, but when they found each other, there was nobody else in the room but them.

The demon was an alpha with lavender skin and curved horns like a ram, one of the sole survivors of an unprovoked attack on his community by a queen of Liesk. He claimed that she walked through the treacherous mountain paths that led to their settlement, clad only in the lightest armor that the royal family owned. That she came aided only by a single unit of soldiers and a sword that spat flames and smote them all.

Every time he spoke of the queen or the attack, his hands would tremble. Whenever he was asked for more details, his eyes would glaze over and he'd look away. There were oddly serpentine burn scars on his arms and chest, and some people who looked close enough would claim there were scales burned into his skin. He was always looking over his shoulder when in the open, and adamantly avoided royalty in fear that the queen would hunt down those few demons who had escaped, and would slay him when he least expected it.

Ketra dreamed of a kingdom where he would be free to live his life. Ketra dreamed of a kingdom where he would be free to work on mastering the magic that the Mother gifted him and achieving his ascension. Ketra dreamed of a kingdom where humans wouldn't come to his home one day and treat it like a personal slaughterhouse.

Ketra dreamt.