Twenty-Five

It was the first time Emerson had ever been to Sidney's house and it was absolutely gorgeous. Far too big for a man who lived on his own, but she couldn't blame him for it. She'd probably do the same if she was one the highest paid/endorsed hockey players in the league...

Yesterday night the unthinkable happened between her Sidney. She couldn't even remember how long the two had stood outside in one another embrace before going their own ways. Emerson could still feel the ghostly feeling of his lips on hers, the way they became swollen and red afterwards. The buzz that went through her whole body afterwards would be unforgettable along with that kiss.

Her whole world felt like it was on cloud, absolutely just floating. Everything she had been wanting was happening. Besides the fact there were many unanswered questions after last night... But it was the next morning now and she had awoken to a text from Sid asking her to come over. Her stomach churned and she felt partially scared for the conversation to come. What if he felt kissing her was a mistake?

She tried to bury those thoughts as she stood on his front porch, finally coming up with the courage to ring the doorbell. Now she had to wait. Looking around it was so hard to believe anyone could afford this.. from the Range Rover in the driveway to the grand white house she stood at. Everything felt so clean, neat and expensive.

It didn't take long for the front door to open exposing Sidney, "Hey, come on in." he was wearing shorts and a gray t-shirt that easily exposed his muscular upper body. She had been getting so used to seeing him in suits or dressed nicer she forgot what he looked like in a more causal environment. But the problem was she only saw one thing seeing him- the kiss. Ems could only picture him pressing himself against her...

She followed in blindly trying to shake her thoughts away, and was taken even more aback by the interior of the house. Things were definitely kept to a minimal though, and it was clear a hockey player lived here.

"Are you hungry? I was just making some eggs." His voice sounded of concern and it made Emerson's heart swell.

"I had some yogurt earlier but I'll never turn down food."

"Great. Um, you could take off your shoes here and I'll take your jacket. If you get cold at all let me know please." as Ems shrugged off her jacket Sidney took it and placed it in a closet. She felt tense standing there with him doing his best to welcome her in, simply acting like a good host.

She then followed him into an open and bright kitchen. The cabinets were a crisp white, everything modern and up to date. This would definitely be Pete's dream kitchen right here..

"You have a beautiful house Sid." Emerson felt small with how it all loomed around her. It made her realize how different her and Sid were in these ways, that at his age he had all of this with all his money, and then there was just her. She felt out of place.

"Thanks Ems.. Take a seat." he nodded his head towards the breakfast bar at the island. As she sat Sid came over and placed the plate of scrambled eggs in front of her, "do you want water or?"

"Water's fine thank you."

"Alright." she watched him carefully as he poured her a glass of ice water. Sidney was very focused on something, he almost seemed slightly distant; which made her heart rate increase- she was starting to think of the worst..

Neither talked while they ate but both continously snuck glances at one another. There was clearly an elephant in the room, last night, and the two weren't sure what to say. Sidney's mind was churning on how he wanted to do this while Ems decided she couldn't push anymore. Yelling at him in a parking lot was definitely stepping over a line.