Chapter 28 Ruined

She's still asleep when I wake up. My hands are wrapped around her body and she's mumbling. I've only ever seen her asleep a few times. When we were in kindergarten together we were sometimes placed next to each other at nap time. Damn, she never let me sleep. Constant adorable mumblings.

At that time I had thought them just annoying and my revenge strategies had been very mean but now, looking back – I would kick my younger self. I give her a squeeze and lightly kiss the back of her neck, drinking in her scent. I want to mark her.

Want to make her mine so badly. But not yet.

I can't just yet.

Mating is quite intimate and well, I want everything to be just perfect. There shouldn't be any problems. Any doubts.

I kissed her once more, my lips lingering on the perfect soft skin. I pulled her closer, feeling how her body responded to mine. It was clear her wolf wanted me, it taking control when she was her most vulnerable. But awake? Awake I was still worried about.

Yet, for now I let her body sink into mine. Her hands slowly moved towards mine and as her arms wrapped around my own I sucked in a deep breath. Both our wolves were taking control. I could feel it when my fangs started lengthening. Our legs wrapped together and a slow whimper came from my mate's mouth.

"I love you so flipping much" I whispered. In response I got another whimper. It was so, so adorable. A sudden knock on the door ruined the mood completely.

"Felix"

Her hands unclasped when she heard the voice. Lily sat up, looking fearful at the door.

"Don't worry" I whispered into her ear, giving her hand a squeeze. She looked adorable so early in die morning. Her hair was a complete mess and stood around everywhere. Those gorgeous aqua eyes were wide, still blinking away sleep. At the moment her cheeks were once again a shade of tomato. I swear I've seen her cheeks flushed more than I've ever seen them normal.

"Yeah Dad!?"

"We need to speak" I watched as the door handle turned and I heard Lily suck in a breath. This kind of looked bad. My mate having snuck into my room, wearing last night's clothes and looking a complete mess.

I gave her hand another squeeze as the door opened. My dad's eyes widened for a second when he saw Lily in my room but then he got his composure correct again.

"Lily"

"Alpha Richard" she squeaked, her eyes looking as if she was staring into headlights.

"I'd like to speak to my son and I think your parents might be worried about you. Seeing that after the whole war and your disappearance, they might be too happy with you here"

Lily nodded and moved off of the bed, looking really awkward.

"Bye Felix" she said, giving me a short wave. It was like we had done something completely wrong. But we hadn't. We definitely hadn't. We hadn't even mated with one another.

I grabbed hold of her wrist, pulling her back.

"Come back later okay?" I whispered into her ear, giving her a peck on the cheek. When I leaned away, her cheeks were flushed once again. She gave me a light smile before leaving my room.

My dad raised his eyebrow as the door closed behind my mate.

"What?" I grumbled, getting out of the bed.

"What was she doing here?"

"Making sure I'm okay. Like a normal mate" I said, heading to my closet.

"Mates don't get each other injured thought" Judgement. My dad's voice is laced with the feeling and I try not to growl.

"It was a mistake Dad" I sigh, getting out a shirt.

"I don't think she's right for you Felix"

At that I turn towards my dad. My claws were now out but I hide them in my fists.

"She's my mate Dad. Do not disrespect her" I growled, "She may have her mistakes but I have made mine too" I snap.

"She put our entire pack at risk"

"Haven't we all!?" I snapped, folding my arms.

My dad glared at me and I just rolled my eyes.

"I have to go" I grumbled, trying to move past him but he stopped me, "We're not done talking about this"

"Yes we have" I growl, pushing past him. Maybe it was stupid of me, but at the moment I didn't care. My body started to ache as I made my way down the stairs, still not having repaired from all the beatings it had taken. I headed to the kitchen, getting myself some coffee to calm my emotions. I heard my Dad moving around upstairs and suspected he'd probably try to have the conversation again soon enough.

Best to avoid him then.

__________________________________________

And as they say on Loony toons - that's all for now folks