Wattpad Original
There are 3 more free parts

7

7

Alessandro's POV

What is wrong with her? Her apartment is like a museum of her boyfriend! The walls are full of photos of the blond guy, the counter table with golden picture frames of him, and big candles at the side. Is she worshipping him?

I looked at the kitchen. What the fuck?! There was a big picture of the same guy above the range. She probably looked at him while cooking. She's obsessed with him!

I twisted my lips. Miss Brooks obviously felt worse than I do with Gretchen.

"Sit down, sir."

I sat down and looked at her sitting in an armchair across me. It was the first time that I really took a good look of her. She was actually very beautiful. Her hair was a mess, like she just had a rough sex and her lips plump, as if she had just finished a blow job.

Green robe with white dots and red pajamas. Cute. She reminded me of Christmas. I could actually see snowflakes on her hair. I blinked twice to clear my eyes.

"Are you okay now?"

She shook her head.

Dammit! I need her in the office so badly. Mrs. Ala-mander... whatever he name is, can't catch up with the dictations. She kept on repeating my words before writing it in her notepad.

"So... you're not going to report tomorrow in the office?"

She shook her head again.

Damn, damn, damn. I could not function well without her in the office. I relied on her too much with the paperworks.

I exhaled heavily and stood up. I needed to ease my nerves.

Miss Brooks is an expert in drawing contracts. I need her to make that Japanese contract as soon as possible. It's a very confidential project and I trust her. I know she won't tell a soul in all my business transactions. But with Mrs. Ali-masag... I doubt it.

"Nice picture. This is in Disney World Orlando, right?"

I did not know what I did, but she suddenly wept aloud, rocking back and forth. I was caught off guard. I was not used to handling sensitive emotional women. "Stop crying, will you? That guy is stupid. A jerk!" I continued comforting her, uplifting her crushed ego. Everything I said, it slip out of my tongue naturally. I was advising her the same way I'd advise myself for being such a jerk, still holding on to Gretchen.

"I know it's stupid, but if I could, I would do anything to have him back," she said.

She's right. She's being stupid. I realized she needed more help than I do.

Dammit! This issue of heartbreak is driving me crazy. Me plus her, it will be detrimental to my whole company.

She had to get back on her track. To move on and concentrate on her career. She's a good secretary and it's hard to find a replacement. For two years, I never had any major problem in the office, especially when I had to leave for abroad. She handled everything smoothly. She's a real gem.

Both of us should move on.

"No, don't you ever do that. He cheated on you already, then he'll do it again."

"Really?"

For Christ's sake. She's very innocent. I thought she's a very strong-minded woman. Someone should teach her to be tough.

"Yeah, trust me. He will just play with your emotions..."

An idea made me smile. I believed Miss Brooks and I could help each other.

I ended up telling her about Gretchen. I did not know what happened, but straight from my heart, it just flowed out of my tongue naturally. Honestly, I found it hard to open up myself to anyone, because it felt like I'm a weak person if I were to show my emotions. I dealt with things using my mind, never with my emotions. Maybe it was easy to talk to her, since I knew that I could trust her with my secrets in the office.

I told her about my offer in exchange on pretending to be together for a year, but she refused.

I needed Lisa to help me with this one. I did not want to jeopardize the things I worked hard for my company. I made the mistake of falling for Gretchen's bait and I wanted to get out of that trap. It would be the end of my career if I couldn't get out of this mess. My business reputation was at stake.

"We suffered the same, Lisa. Those jerks rejected us. We need to help each other to move on with our lives."

It's also for her own good, so she can move on. She's jeopardizing her career and her life.

"Nope. I can't do it, Mr. Russo. I'm sorry. Just find someone who can do it for you."

I felt really disappointed. She was hard to please. I took the risk in giving her the offer. "Additional one million dollars, Lisa. With a contract..."

I was relieved when finally, she said yes.

"If you're still not feeling better tomorrow, don't report in the office. Okay?" I said to her. She still looked shocked.

She nodded, her jaw wide open.

"You won't change your decision, right?"

"Um... no."

"You need the money?"

She nodded. "My dad needs a knee operation. He had an accident years ago in a motorbike, but never went to the doctor. Lately, he's suffering some pain. He had it examined and was advised for an operation."

"He should get that operation before it gets worse."

"I know. The money would help him a lot."

I nodded. "Don't worry, I know a very good orthopaedic surgeon. He can even give you a big discount."

"Thank you, Mr. Russo," she answered.

I gave her my most charming smile. "Call me Alessandro, Lisa."