Chapter 1 - The Reception

YEAR 2013 WEDDING DAY

LOUIS' POV 

"Mr. and Mrs. Tomlinson, the doors will open in about fifteen minutes. Do you two have any last minute instructions for us?" One of the event organizers asked us. She pulled her black clipboard towards her chest waiting for our answer. 

I then felt warm fingers interlacing with mine. "No, everything is going lovely. Thank you." My wife replied for the both of us. I still feel a bit woozy at the thought that I now my mind refers to her as my wife. I don't know where the butterflies are more active though, knowing that she's mine or that she my wife.

The girl nodded before stepping aside and leaving Effy and I alone. She gave me a light squeeze. I glanced at her direction, taking in once again her lovely image that I will get to see every day. She's an angel with invisible wings. She's my angel. She's my wife.

"Are you okay there?" She asked her face with a hint of concern. Classic Effy.

"Honestly, I kind of zoned out the moment she said Mr. and Mrs. Tomlinson. I hardly give a damn about what time these doors open." I replied back which earned me a dramatic rolling of eyes and giggles from her.

Her head slowly leaned towards my shoulders and landing on it gently. I can feel her soft breaths hitting the cloth of my tux. "Now don't be mean, carrot boy." She teased looking up at me. A grimace is forming on her face with her knowing that over the year I got seriously annoyed when people, especially her, keep calling me that.

I swiftly snaked my arms around her waist and securing them in my arms, my body now towering her small frame. I playfully narrowed my eyes at her, "Mrs. Tomlinson --" 

Her hands gripped the sides of my tux pulling me closer to her, eliminating the tiniest space between us. "I love the sound of that." 

"Yeah, but I do not love the sound of you calling me carrot boy, Mrs. Tomlinson." I answered back before leaning it to playfully bite her ear. She let out a small whimper that turned into a soft giggle. 

She began to trace my inked wrist, which was one of the latest of few that is on my body. Just before the first tour ended, I decided to get some tattoos. It was a bit of an in the moment thing to be honest. When I first saw the first tattoo that was inked on my body, I honestly doubted my decision. But Effy .. Effy was just in awe. So I kept getting more and more. She told me that I was a walking journal, with all the memories permanently stuck on me and exposed for the whole world to see. I told her that if I am the journal, she is the memory that I would love to be written on me in every page and in every space of my blank canvas.

 "Just because you got a tattoo does not make you any tougher, you know." She teased, pressing on the carrot boy issue. Instead of getting annoyed, I got a bit excited on how she is acting towards me. That sort of excitement that traveled down down down.. 

Without any further notice, she batted her eyelashes and bit her lips so innocently and I swear I felt my heart skip out of my chest with all the emotions that is flowing in me this day. "Fuck, Effy don't do that right now." 

Confusion flashed on her face. The skin between her eyebrows wrinkling in the most adorable way. God, I am married to the most beautiful woman in the planet. "Do what?" And then she did it again.  I am deeply frustrated and just want to get this reception thing over with. 

I found myself gripping her hips a bit tighter. Her eyes widened a bit surprised by my sudden eager actions. "Seriously now, I am trying my best not to ditch this reception and not carry you over my shoulders to take you straight away to our honeymoon." But what I really meant was 'our honeymoon that I secretly planned'. All jokes aside,I hope she loves it.