chapter eighteen - the new boy

"Class, as you all know, you will have a new classmate!"

As we all know? Do I know? No.

Everyone whispered around the classroom of who might the new person be.. "Is it a boy sensei?"

"No, it has to be a girl!"

"No, a boy!"

I was annoyed by the commotion so I asked sensei if I could go to the washroom. And I went out, I saw a boy with light chocolate hair and mint eyes, "Hello?" He asked.

"Hmm?"

"Are you Lilly Fiske?" Oh! He knows me.

"Yes, I am, who are you?"

"Umm, I'm Sano Kasumi, a new student here."

"Nice to meet you, you must be in our class? What brings you here later then the first day of school?"

"My acceptance to the academy was accepted but they somehow, didn't let me in yet."

"Wait, aren't you the prince?"

"You just noticed?" He chuckled. I ignored his laugh.

"Uhhh, yep."

"You aren't talking formally anymore.."

"Yep. I got to go now, Prince Sano of Senova."

"Just call me Sano, can I call you Lilly?"

"Yep, no honorifics. Just Lilly, Sano."

"Let's meet again," he bowed to me. He bowed to me. He bowed. To me. The prince bowed to a lower status from a different country!

I bowed indifferently. With, my face not shown.

He looked a bit confused but just went in the classroom.

After I faked going to the washroom, I went back to my class and found the girls daydreaming of him, knowing that he's a prince. I'm that type who really gets lucky, huh?

No need to meet the second prince, third prince, or insert number here prince. But, the prince, the first prince.

But, oh well, I don't like him as in like-like but as in a friend. He has a good personality, too be honest, not always formal, but being himself in a good way.

It turned out that Sano was actually the person in front of me, so once I went back to my seat, he turned back, I saluted. He chuckled, but saluted back.

What's so funny?

The girls seemed to notice and became jealous. Ohhh jealous girls..

During the next five subjects, I had him in my class, now always in front. And for a few days, everytime we see each other, we salute each other for a greeting.

He also says he knew me from when I was a very young girl...how did he remember me?

Then, in a flash I remembered, "Oh, right, when we were in the swings....how did you recognized me?"

"You look like her, except your personality was a bit rude, too be honest. I heard you were a sadist, but when I met you, you seemed like a kind person."

"Why, that is me before, and I knew I sinned so I felt guilty and I couldn't harm anymore."

"You're lying."

"Lying? Of course no-"

"Yes you are! I know that. Tell me the truth," The girls seemed to hear so came to him.

"She was being totally kind because if she did cruel things, then she will be put to death." The girl from the group said.

He told them, "I still don't believe."

They gasp, "but, it is true.." they replied.

And, I simply answered, "I'm just simply avoiding the death flag.." That's a clue for you Mr. Sano.

They became confused. I walked away.

END OF CHAPTER