Ariea

Deep within a dark forest a young woman named, Ariea laid under a dead tree, until a cold wind woke her up from her sleep.

Close the window!" She said, shifting to the side, when she heard leaves being crushed under her. Areas eyes shot open as she quickly sat up, she felt something sharp prink the palm of her hand.

"Ow." She stared at her hand, then touched her face and slowly looked over the rest of her body. How can this be? I'm human again.

Before this moment, Ariea had existed as a ghost for a great deal of her afterlife. She knew the idea of being human was impossible and even as she sat there pushing her skin together she still didn't believe it.

"It hurts." Ariea tried getting up, but lost her balance and fell flat on her face. "That hurts too." This has to be a trick." When Ariea sat back up, she noticed someone walking from a distance, she got a better look at the figure as it got closer, it was a man with gray skin.

"Is he a Zombie? Maybe he can tell me what's going on." 

It was not uncommon for Ariea to meet other supernatural beings like vampires, werewolves or Zombies. It was normal for her, but there were all kinds, some that could control their desire and some could not. Ariea realized the man had a dead expression and its mouth was ajar as it moaned.

"That does not look good." Despite being dead, the Zombies Ariea was used to were much more lively. When a zombie behaves in the same way the one in front of her did. It meant it had lost its senses and only desires to consume any living thing it can get its hands on.

"This is a bad time to have a body." Ariea tried getting up again, but fell on her knees. She picked herself up and started crawling. The Zombie must have spotted her because she could hear it moving faster from the sound of leaves being crushed under its feet. It wouldn't be long for it to catch up to her. While she was crawling, she felt her hand touch something on the ground that did not feel like a stick or leaves. To her surprised it was a rope. Ariea tied the end of the rope into a hoop, then covered it with leaves. She crawled towards a tree, then tied a rock on the other end and tossed it over a high branch. She hanged on to it as the Zombie got closer. When it stepped in the right spot. Ariea pulled the rope. The Zombie let out a loud moan as it was dragged through the ground into the air. Once it was dangling from the tree Ariea crawled further away. She let go of the rope and the zombie dropped crushing its head from the impact.

Ariea stared at the zombie wondering if that was enough to kill it. "So its true. The only way to kill them, um, I mean make them stop moving is to destroy their heads." She used the tree to help her stand up. She closed her eye to remember how to walk. Ariea let go of the tree and stood upright, then took a step forward. She was shaking a bit, but managed to reach the zombies body to untie the rope. When she was done, she heard moaning, then she turned to see two more zombies walking in her direction. It was then she realized that it must have called them.

"How could I forget, Zombies move in packs." Ariea notice the Zombies would soon walk under a long  branch that connect two trees like a bridge. She realized they hadn't seen her yet. She crept towards one of the trees, after finding a thick branch that she, then tied to the rope replacing the rock. Ariea touched the tree to remind herself how to climb. Then grabbed the closest branch she could reach and started moving upward. Once she was in the right spot she used the rope as a lasso, then aimed it for the Zombie on the right side. It went around the Zombies neck. Ariea jumped down and stabbed the other zombie in the head with the sharp end of the branch pulling off the other Zombies head. Both the Zombies bodies fell to the ground while Ariea still had the branch in her hands, she was on the Zombies back when they fell. She got up and pulled the branch out of the Zombies head. She looked around for the other zombies head. "Oh, I forgot to check if they were sentient... too late now." She flinched when she heard loud moaning. She followed the sound of the detached Zombie head. Ariea ran toward it, branch in hand and hit as hard as she could like it was a golf ball. It didn't take long for her to hear foot steps coming her way. Ariea didn't waste any time, she grabbed her rope and climbed up another tree. This time she waited to see if they were different from the one she killed before. When their faces came into view, to her shock they were different, but for another reason. They had the faces of her parents that had died before she did. Feelings of happiness and sadness should have overcome her, but at her core there was only anger. While her anger boiled she waited for the right moment while tying the branch to the rope. As soon as they were in the right spot. She dropped the rope around the female zombie's neck, it was pulled up as Ariea swung from the tree stabbing the male zombie in the chest. When the female zombies head fell off, Ariea quickly grabbed it, then kneeled down on both of the male zombie's arms and started smashing their heads together continuously.

"IT'S BECAUSE OF YOU THAT I... AAARG!!!"

By the time she had stopped the faces were unrecognizable, and she had left the branch in the zombies chest. She had broken off its arm to used as a replacement. As she walked away from the remains with a dark expression

"This isn't fun anymore."