Chapter 2

Please motivate me by commenting and voting guyz... I love reading comments..

I walked out of the mansion and saw a white colour car.

"Is that your car?", I asked Sarah.

"No, it is my neighbour's car.", she giggled.

"Seriously? Why did you borrow it?", I asked.

"Come on Lara! Why can't you even get a joke? It is my husband's car.", she said.

Sarah was eight months pregnant now. She was actually Annie's classmate. But fate had it that I became closer to her. In fact, Annie and Sarah were never friends.

"Fine okay let's go now. Don't make the great Luiz wait for you.", she smiled.

I blushed like an idiot.

She opened the car door for me. I was thankful because I don't know to even open a car door. I should learn it soon. But I was scared if I will break it while twisting it. I will end up damaging such an expensive item.

In almost an hour we reached the church. I was more nervous. 

Can I do this? Can I keep him happy in his life? Can a dull head like me meet the expectations of a smart man?

The girls opened the huge door and I was surprised at the sight before me. The decorations were so beautiful! The whole setting was really grand! I felt like my jaw would touch the floor.

Is this my marriage? I never even dreamt of such a thing in my life.

Sometimes life offers us something better than our dreams!

As I moved forward along with the girls. I saw him. Luiz, the man of any girls' dream. He looked so handsome in that black tuxedo. Can I just take two minutes and appreciate the looks of this man? He was tall and lean. As I walked forward I saw that his brown hair was well combed. He had a stubble which made him look manlier. He had sharp features and a well-defined jaw.

But wait why is he not even looking at me. Everyone in the church were looking at me except him.

"She is so pretty!", "Wow!", "She really is beautiful!" were the comments I heard.

Really? Maria always told me that I looked like an ugly bitch.

I looked around for my grand mom Suzanne. 

Where is she? Did my dad not invite her? 

Then I saw her. She was sitting next to my father. Both were on their wheelchairs.

I smiled at her. She is my maternal grandma who actually used to take care of me once my mom passed away. But even she was distant to me. The only thing I felt she had in her heart for me was sympathy. But then, I did share a special bonding with her. She was one of the close persons in my life. More like a friend.

Then my eyes shifted to my dad. He looked so proud and happy. As if he has fulfilled one of his duties. I was happy for him. He was always worried about my marriage. But all I could see in his face today was happiness.

Then I looked at Maria. She was glaring at me.

I knew that look. Actually, Annie was the one who was supposed to marry Luiz. But Luiz's mom selected me.

Suddenly what happened last night flashed in my mind. I quickly avoided those thoughts.

"Please take the stairs Lara." Sarah hissed at me.

Oh, I didn't even see it.

I took the stairs and stood in front of Luiz.

He had an expressionless face. But then his jaw clenched all of a sudden and those brown eyes gave me a very angry look.

What is wrong with him? Does he also hate me?

Then I looked at him without blinking even once.

Oh no! I don't think he wants to marry me. So, will he reject me now? That too, in front of everyone over here?

I was scared because he looked at me just like my step mom Maria. As if he will slap me.

I diverted my eyes towards the priest who already had started the ceremony.

Then after sometime of the ceremony, the priest asked, "Luiz, will you take Lara as your wife?"

I looked at him and he was staring at me with irritation.

My palms were sweating. I was tensed.

I know he would say a NO. Why would someone like him marry me?

"I DO!" he said after a while.

Did I hear him right? Oh my god! 

My happiness knew no bounds for that moment. But then, why were his eyes gloomy?

"Lara, will you take Luiz as your husband?"

"YES! I DO!" I said with a huge smile.

Then the priest said, "You may now kiss the bride."

Oh yeah! I forgot that bride and bride groom do kiss at their marriage.

I looked at him. 

Will he do it? Can he hear my heartbeat? It is beating so loud!

And then he bent his face bringing it closer to mine. I closed my eyes immediately. But then I felt a light touch on my right cheek. I just opened my eyes and saw that he was aalready standing straight.

It was not a kiss. Not even a peck. It was a light touch. One thing I am really sure about is that he doesn't like me. But then why did he agree for the marriage if that is the case?

Then we said our vows.

He just averted his eyes. Rest of the ceremony went very calm and then as soon as the ceremony ended he left me alone standing over there. He went to speak to business executives and his friends and I was all the time with Sarah.

"What is wrong with him? He is so strange." Sarah said.

"I don't know. As far as I know I didn't do anything wrong." I told.

"Of course, it's not your fault. Stop blaming yourself." She said.

I nodded. Then one after the other many people came to congratulate me.

Nothing traditional happened in our marriage as Luiz wanted to keep it simple. Thankfully, Sarah was with me or else I would have been standing all alone.

Then my grandma came to talk to me.

"I am so happy for you my child. You are just like your mom, beautiful and innocent. You will be loved by your husband a lot. But yes, have patience and never give up." she said.

I don't know why but tears rolled down my eyes.

"Hey why are you crying? Be bold and strong." She said.

My grand mom was not a sentimental woman at all. After loosing her daughter, she always used to tell me that we should not get too attached to anything as a loss of it will give us more pain.

Then my dad held my palms from the other side.

"I am really sorry Lara. For everything. I don't know if you can ever forgive me for whatever I did to you." he said by shedding tears.

What my dad is crying for me?

"Its okay dad! I never have any harsh feelings towards you. I can understand what you might have gone through." I said.

"Just forgive me okay?", he said.

"Okay dad!", saying that I started crying again. 

Hey my High Fliers!!

Please make me feel happy by clicking the star at the end of this chapter.

Make my day by SHARING and FOLLOWING me on WATTPAD.

Also, please comment I like to read your thoughts!

Love you all <3 XOXO