How Long

{Song - How Long by Charlie Puth}

     Her skin was soft in his hands, and her flaxen hair tickled his bare chest, as she shuffled in his arms. Chase's muscles came alive, as he slowly became aware of the world around him.

     Amelia's scent mixed in with the air that he breathed, and Chase smiled. He was worried about moving- afraid to wake the sleeping beauty on his chest, but she rose her head and kissed his heart.

     "Morning," he said, his eyes barely open.

     "Hmm, you always sound sexy in the morning."

     "I sound like an old man," he said, grinning. He turned his head to look at the digital numbers positioned on their nightstand and was a little shocked that it was already after noon.

     "Relax, it's Saturday," Amelia said, placing her fingers along his jawline. She turned his head to face her and planted her lips on his. Adrenaline started to build, as his hands gripped her body.

     His phone disturbed them, and Chase reluctantly grabbed it off of the nightstand. He recognized the number instantly and declined the call.

     "Who's that?" Amelia asked, noticing a shift in Chase's expression.

     "Nobody." He put the call at the back of his head and grinned wrapping his arms around Amelia's frame, kissing her neck causing her to giggle. They lost track of time and wound up staring at the ceiling.

     "I'm starving," Amelia said.

     "Yeah?"

     "Yeah," she said. She looked at Chase giving him a sad pout, something she did whenever she wanted him to do something for her.

     "Do you want me to make something?"

     "Would you?"

     "Your personal chef Ramsay is at your service," he said, sliding out of the sheets and onto the floor, making sure to take his phone with him.

     Chase stood in the kitchen, with the fridge door open, looking through the pantry like he was on a mission, but all they had was condiments and expired garbage.

     His phone rang, and he huffed knowing who it was before checking. He answered the call and said in a low growl, "Stop calling me," before quickly hanging up. He went through his phone and blocked the number feeling stupid for having put up with the calls this long.

     "What are you making?" Amelia asked, walking up behind him.

     "Uhm, there's nothing here," he said, placing his phone face down on the counter. She looked up at him and pouted.

     "Can you get something?" she asked, wrapping her arms around his waist.

     "Something like what?"

     "I don't know."

     "Fine. I'll be back," he said, walking out of Amelia's arms. He grabbed his keys off the kitchen table and headed for the door.

     "What are you getting?"

     "It's a surprise," he said before closing the door.

     Amelia heard her phone ringing in the other room making her rush  into the bedroom. The second she pulled her phone off the charger it stopped ringing, and she cursed under her breath. She checked who had called, but it was a random number.

     She was about to place her phone back on the nightstand, but it buzzed and alerted her to a new message. It was from the same number that had tried to call her. She clicked on the message and stared at the image that appeared on her phone.