Angel's Among Us

I was walking home on a cold winter's day. I took a shortcut through the woods, and I lost my way. It was getting dark, I was scared and alone. Then a kind old man took my hand, and led me home.

Momma couldn't see him, oh but he was standing there, and I knew in my heart, he was the answer to my prayer.

O-o-oh I believe there are angels among us, sent down to us from somewhere up above. They come to you and me-e in our darkest hours, to show us how to live, teach us how to give, and guide us with a light of love.

When life held troubled times, and had me down on my knees, there's always been someone to chip knee along and comfort me. A kind word from a stranger, to lends a helping hand. A phone call from a friend, just to say "I understand." Now ain't it kinda funny at the dark end of the road, someone lights the way, with just a single ray of hope.

O-o-oh I believe there are angels among us, sent down to us from somewhere up above. They come to you and me-e in our darkest hours, to show us how to live, teach us how to give, and guide us with a light of love.

They wear so many faces, show up in the strangest places, grace us with their mercy, in our time of need.

O-o-oh I believe there are angels among us, sent down to us from somewhere up above. They come to you and me-e in our darkest hours, to show us how to live, to teach us how to give, to guide us with a light of love.

To guide us with a light of love.

(A/N spoken words are italicized)