Chapter 6: You're not going anywhere.

Laila POV

It wasn't twenty-four hours yet since I came back and all of a sudden my phone keeps on ringing asking about something I don't even know.

Just as I was passing by a store I saw pictures of me and him plastered to every newspaper and tabloid.

The secret relationship between the most wanted bachelor and a famous writer as most headlines read.

It wasn't actually the fact that such news is spreading that made me fume in anger but it was because of the pictures that are being used. How can paparazzi even get a hold of those photos taken way back when I'm still in college? Then a realization hit me.

I wasted no time as I went out and hail a cab.

I'll definitely kill that moron today.

After a twenty-minute drive, I finally arrived at one of the tallest buildings in the city. I never expected I'll set foot here but I have no other choice. The guard by the lobby smiled at me, as much as I'm annoyed I don't want to be rude so I awkwardly smiled back.

People around send me looks probably recognizing me.

"Excuse me, Miss, do you have an appointment?" a lady asked me after I got out of the elevator.

I looked around to check if I guessed the right floor and saw an executive assistant written on the glass plate on the desk.

"No, Mars" I answered reading her name, "but, where's Mr Malarkey?"

Before she can answer, a new voice joined us.

"Laila?" a familiar voice interrupts us. I turned around to see Brian, Jer's bestfriend.

"Laila! It is you. What are you doing here?" he asked but before I could even reply he answered his own question. "You're here because of Jeremy, am I right?"

"He's at the conference room," Mars whispered to him and without a second thought, I made my way.

"Wait, Laila!" Brian called, "Do you even know where you're going?"

"No," I answered nonchalantly, "but I'm guessing it's this room that says Conference room."

I mean really, there's just a sign on the door that actually says what room it is which made my search easier.

"Laila, you can't just go in there. There's-" I didn't listen to what he was saying. All I can think about is how I will kill that moron once I see him.

I didn't even think about what I am doing. I barge inside the room and immediately saw him sitting at the far end of the table. His eyes widen in surprise seeing me.

"Laila-" he started but I toss the papers I'd been holding in front of him stopping him from saying anything.

"What the hell does this mean?" I bawled out. Never had I imagined that a day like this would come when the devil inside of me goes out. I angrily crossed my hands over my chest.

He looked at the newspaper and I can see a slight smirk that formed on his lips before he hides it away. He looks up at me with a now serious face.

"It says we have a secret relationship."

"Duh! I know that. I want you to explain how the hell they even got a hold of that rumour?"

"Rumour?" he repeated and I can sense a slight irritation in his voice. "So you think of our relationship just as a rumour? A made-up story?"

"Relationship? Why would I get involved with a moron like you?"

"Well that's a nice way to describe the person you love," he taunted me as he casually leans back in his chair.